Chapter Twenty-One - Back to Reality

I first want to apologize for taking so long to update

I first want to apologize for taking so long to update.  If I'm being honest, I've lacked motivation to write lately.  But thankfully inspiration is back and hopefully here to stay.  Not sure how many more chapters I have for this part before moving onto the next.  Maybe two more possibly.  

Please don't forget to vote and comment on my stories!  Please interact with them as that encourages me to write more than saying "thanks for the update" or demanding for the next update.

--

The Cambridge family was now back home after a week of being in Scotland.  It felt so surreal having her best friends being married now, especially since Ivy said that she and Jake never wanted to get married.  That they were just happy being them.  

It was a rainy day and Evelyn was really craving some cookies.  

Alexander and Victoria were back at school and the twins were at their nursery.  It was just Evelyn whilst her husband was at a scheduled engagement.  Evelyn wanted to discuss with her husband and team about doing a few of her engagements via zoom.  She couldn't just stay at home and do nothing all day until she gave birth!

There was only so much she could do not by not working.  So she thought when her husband came home, she would bring it up.  

*

"How was your engagement?" Evelyn asked her husband as she was getting ready to pick up her kids with her husband.  

"It was good," he grinned as he loosened his tie and before he took it off she took hold of it and brought him closer to her to place a kiss on his lips and then helped him take off his tie.  "But I'm glad to be home again.  How was your day?"

"All right," she shrugged her shoulders as he changed into his normal clothes that he wore around the house which consisted of jeans, a white v-neck t-shirt and some tennis shoes.  The shirt was tight and it fit him snug in all the right places.  It was a simple outfit but one that looked so good on him.  "Not much to do."

"I'm sorry," he frowned, knowing how hard it is for his wife to stay at home when she's been so used to working all her life.  "I know this isn't ideal."

"I actually wanted to run something by you and my team but maybe on the way to get the kids?"

"Absolutely," he agreed and gave her sweet kiss as she held onto his bicep for support.

He took the keys from her and they got in her car.

*

"So, what'd you want to talk about?" William asked as he made left turn.  

"I was wondering what you thought if I did some zoom calls with my patronages that I had to cancel?  That way I'm not just at home doing whatever.  It's gotten pretty boring now."