Chapter Six - A sweet surprise

Its a few weeks later and Evelyn was finally feeling better about everything that had happened.  She knew that everything happened for a reason whatever it may be she wasn't sure yet.  But her head was finally in a good place.  After some reflection and a trip to a small village named Shere, Surrey near London.  She had needed to get away from London and clear her head.  It was a girls trip Evelyn didn't know she needed.

Now she felt refreshed, renewed and rejuvenated ready to get back to work.

She had just come home from work, letting out a sigh as she went through a long day of work.  As busy as it was three weeks ago was as slow as it was today.  Evelyn hated the slow days as it made time drag on.

"Oh my God," Evelyn let out a shriek of excitement as she smiled rushing over to him and hugging him.  "What the bloody hell are you doing here?"

He let out a chuckle as well hugging her back, happy to see her smiling and laughing.

"I told you I would visit you and when I did it would be a surprise."

"Of course," she rolled her eyes playfully and regretfully stop hugging him.  "Well, this is definitely a nice surprise.  Are you doing anything right now?  D'you have time to visit?  I wasn't expecting you and well.... I made plans with friends tonight as well as some of my siblings.  If you wanted to meet them," she told him shyly as she tucked a piece of her blonde hair behind her ear.

He looks down at his Cartier watch to check the time.  He was in his military uniform having come straight from his military base not wanting to waste another minute from being away from her.  They had talked on the mobile every chance he had.  Eric and William had left at the same time but took separate cars.

William had made it to Evelyn's sister apartment thirty minutes ago, startling the blonde student out of her wits as she was on her way to university.  When he told her that he wanted to surprise Evelyn, Vivienne was happy to help and let him in.  Paul was with him at first but later left once the prince told him that he was safe he nodded his head and took the night off.  

"I can do that," he nodded his head happy that she wasn't having him go home.

They had a couple of hours to themselves before the get-together tonight.  William and Evelyn caught up with each other and their lives.  She asked about his military training, his home life and how he's been.  He did the same with her.

"What's your family like?" He asked with curiosity.  He had heard some from Eric but he wanted to know more.

"Well, we're quite close," she said as she was tracing circles on her leg with her finger looking at him.  "I have five other siblings only one sister."

"Five?" The prince's eyes widened in astonishment. 

"Five," she clarified nodding her head.  "Jake is the eldest and he has two twin boys with his girlfriend, Mia.  Their sons names are Samuel and David," she smiled at the mention of them.  "Then there's Noah, Eric whom you obviously know, Theo and lastly Vivienne who my younger sister who is in university right now studying to become a midwife at King's College London."

"Wow," William exclaimed.  "I only have the one brother, Harry.  I can hardly keep up with him.  Not sure how you do with five," he said making her laugh.

"Well, they were all except my sister, born before me so it was easier that way."

"What about your parents?  What do they do?"

"My dad is the CEO of his own company called Bennett & Co.  He designs loads of things mostly focusing on now men's cologne, watches, etc.  My mum used to work for his company but now she stays at home.  She would be the one always taking care of us when we were younger.  Him too, but she did the majority of it."