Chapter Nine : A Trip of a Lifetime

1 August 2011

Day 1

They had finally made it to Kenya!  Evelyn could breathe a sigh of relief.  After an eight hour flight and barely able to get any sleep on it, she was ready to get to their hotel.  Natasha had dropped them off at the airport in the morning to catch the early flight, wanting a proper send off, instead of having a driver drop them off at the airport.

She had even brought little Bear with them so that everyone could cuddle with the puppy, which was Evelyn's newest obsession.

They had just checked into the place that they were staying in.  William had arranged quite a few tented suites that were overlooking the Maasai Mara as those who were couples would get their own room if they didn't want to room with anyone.  Kate and Eric decided that they would room with Ivy and Jake as they didn't mind.  It was beautiful with glass floor-to-ceiling doors and Maasai finishes.  Evelyn held onto William's hand as they toured where they would be staying and were amazed.

"It's even better than the pictures," Evelyn said with a smile on her face.

There were views of the reserve from anywhere you were in the suite.  From the shower, living room area, the bedroom.  They even had their own private deck with the amazing view.  She couldn't wait to wake up early with William and watch the sunrise and the animals come out of hiding.  On the nightstand table next to their bed was a copy of the book Out of Africa.  Evelyn grabbed the copy of the book and held it up to William.

"Look, they even have the book," she laughed.

"I wonder if they have movie here too," he teased, but also being serious as they both loved the movie.

"I'm really glad we came," she walked up to her boyfriend of four years and stood on her tip toes,  wrapping her arms around his neck.  "Thank you for this."

"Your welcome," he leaned down and kissed her lips.  "Why don't we go over to Eric and Kate's tent, yeah?"

"Yeah," she smiled and he led the way as she held onto his hand.

"Oi, mate," Eric greeted the prince as they hugged and the girls doing the same.  "How the bloody hell did you find this place?"

"Nice, right?  When Eve and I were here in Kenya last we were told by some locals to check this place out.  Said it was amazing."

"Well, they weren't wrong.  I can't believe Vivienne had to miss this.  She's going to be so pissed when we send her pictures."

"I know," Evelyn laughed.  "Unfortunately the hospital didn't allow her time off though as they are low on hospital staff right now.  We'll have to send her pictures though."

Day 2

The first day the group didn't do much.  They really just stayed at the lodge and explored it.  They felt like they were too tired to do much of anything and Evelyn hadn't really gotten much sleep on the plane.  

Today they were going to Watamu beach.  It was lined with white sand and hotels were surrounding the beach.  They were also then going to drive to Turtle Beach to snorkel as well as Evelyn wanted to get some pictures with some with their underwater camera that she always brought with her.  Both were great beaches where you can see the ocean life.

Although William's RPO's came with them on holiday's, they always tried to distance themselves, wanting to give the prince his space as well with his friends and girlfriend.

William was driving one jeep where the top was open and he had his right hand on Eve's right leg. A place that had now made its home anytime they drove together.  Of course back home it was the left hand.  They all had split up into at least three different jeeps on the trip as jeeps weren't big enough to fit the whole group in one.