Chapter Nineteen - Happy

Today for her twenty-week appointment they were having to go through some tests and would also be having labs done.  She had a bad feeling in the pit of stomach and she was needing to go to the bathroom a lot before her appointment because her stomach wasn't feeling well today.    

As she came out of the loo, she washed her hands and let out a shaky breath before she met her husband in the kitchen.  The kids were with their nana and grandpa so that it wouldn't be hard on their parents to have to take care of them whilst they were at the doctors.  Evelyn rummaged through her drawers and found a couple Tums as she chewed on them to hopefully settle her stomach.  

William made it a point to keep Meghan away from his wife.  When they got back, they had taken Evelyn's blood pressure and it was sky high.  He was rightfully worried and called her OB's office.  They were able to see her within the week.  They needed to get her blood pressure under control and she would be placed on blood pressure medicine if need be.  This wasn't the first time her BP was so high which was why her OB-GYN wanted her to come in so quickly.

Her feet were swollen which is why she traded her heels for her Tory Burch sandals.  Her hands had also swelled slightly and they just felt puffy.

Once their black SUV pulled up through the back entrance they snuck in through hospital and were taken immediately into a room that was available.  The front office desk was very protective over them and made sure that they were already checked in and that the other patients wouldn't see them.   William held his wife's hand in comfort as he knew that she was nervous.  Hell, he was nervous for her and their baby.  He knew that technology was amazing nowadays verses back then so he had no concerns over that.  But you just never know.

"It'll be okay," William reassured his wife as he noticed her leg shaking up and down due to nerves.

"You sure?  Even if something's wrong?" She asked as she bit her lower lip.

"Even if something's wrong.  We have the best doctors," he promised her and took her hand in his.  "I love you."

"I love you too," she said as her cerulean blue eyes were starting to get teary.

She leaned forward and gave him a loving kiss as she loved how he was always there for her.  Even in the uncertain times.  

Just then they heard a knock on the door and she got on the chair for patients.

"Your Royal Highnesses," he greets them as he enters with his medical assistant.  "How are you two doing today?"

"Okay," Evelyn answered.  "We'll feel better once we have the results."

"Understandable," he nods his head with a soft smile on his face.  "I'm going to have you have a blood test to rule out pre-eclampsia that measures the levels of protein called placental growth factor and we are also going to do Amniocentesis testing to rule out any signs of problems such as chromosomal disorders, genetic problems, and neural tube defects."