Chapter Fourteen - Family day at polo match

Sunday afternoonThe family of five loved the weekends

Sunday afternoon

The family of five loved the weekends.  It was a chance for especially the Duke and Duchess to rewind as a family and just relax.  To do fun things as a family after long days of engagements.  They knew they weren't a normal family by any means but the weekend allowed them to do normal family outings.  

William and Evelyn tried not to spoil their children too much because they already lived a lavish lifestyle that most children never got to experience.  

This afternoon they were on their way to the Hyde Park taking Zeus with them as well because of the open fields.  They knew he would love to play.  Evelyn had her bag packed and had brought their heavy duty beach cart wagon that they normally filled with toys, snacks, and a blanket.  Pretty much anything the kids could need and brought some dog toys and dog snacks for Zeus.  

"All right everyone.  Ready?" Evelyn asked her family as she also packed sun screen last minute after she applied it on everyone.  She always made sure to pack it wherever they went.  

"Yeah!" The kids cheered which made William laugh at their excitement.

Over the years, William had come to understand his sense of duty to the crown and to Her Majesty The Queen.  That didn't mean he didn't try to have normalcy for his little ones.  It was decided long ago before Alexander was born that they had the conversation wanting their children to have as normal of an upbringing as possible.  That meant not having them go to engagements with them until they were at least old enough to understand what it meant.  Though that could mean at any age.  They didn't them to be hounded by the paparazzi either.

William helped his wife load up her car and he drove them to Hyde Park.  His hand rested on her left thigh and they were playing Disney music and he was jamming out to the lyrics of Let It Go by Frozen which caused his kids to go into fits of giggles.  Evelyn was recording the whole thing as she shook her head.  This was their life now and they loved every minute of it.  William singing off key and the kids giggling.  Zeus barking in the background.  

"William honey, stop," Evelyn laughed as she stopped recording.

"Sing with me, babykins," William teased his wife.