Chapter Sixteen - Trooping the Colour & special announcement

KENSINGTON PALACE

KENSINGTON PALACE

7 June 2018

THE DUKE AND DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE ARE EXPECTING THEIR FOURTH CHILD

Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting their fourth child.

The Queen and both members of the family are delighted with the news.

This pregnancy is very different from her previous two as she is being watched more carefully.  Her Royal Highness will only do certain planned engagements but she is having to be more careful this time around.  

*

Everyone was thrilled for their favourite Royal couple at the news of another baby.  It all made sense now why The Duchess was having to cancel so many engagements.  Though they hoped she was okay.  

Unfortunately they had to do the announcement two days before the Trooping the Colour.  Evelyn was starting to show more now and that would have created a frenzy if they didn't announce.  They had gained approval from The Queen to do it then and that was what mattered to them.

It was Trooping the Colour today.

Evelyn knew that The Queen was wearing blue today and Evelyn wanted to match it.  She had taken her prenatal vitamins in the morning as well as her anxiety medicine that was safe to take during her pregnancy.  This was the first time she would be seeing Harry and Meghan since they told them that they were having a baby.  And if Evelyn were being honest, she was completely shaken up about today.

She tried to take a deep breath in and a deep breath out as she closed her eyes.  Doing this technique helped slightly as she was standing in the kitchen and William walked in, watching his wife carefully.  He thought she looked beautiful.  

Evelyn had decided to wear one of her favourite dress designers, Catherine Walker for today's special event.  It was a little daring but she got approval from The Queen.  It was an ice blue wool crepe that has been cut on one hip to form an ultra feminine moon of corded lace and pleated rays.  And even though she had a little pudge of a stomach going on, somehow it made the dress even more beautiful on her.  Her hair was down in that classic Hollywood glamour style waves.  It looked timeless and beautiful as her hair stylist, Imogen Allen, had spent hours doing.  

He knew she was nervous about today but as he took her hand in his her breathing returned to normal and she fluttered her eyes open as she gave him a small smile to which he returned.  

"Hi," she murmured.

"Hi.  You okay?"

"I will be.  I just want this day to be over already.  Is that bad?" She asked as he wrapped his arms round his wife.