Chapter Two - Wedding Season

10 April 2018

10 April 2018

Where had the time gone?

Evelyn was now thirty-five and William was turning thirty-six in June.  For her thirty-fifth birthday the family of five flew to Switzerland where they owned a house and had a week full of fun.  Eve ended up selling her beach home in the Hamptons after they had Alexander.  It was a hard decision but it was the right one as they were always busy and never had time anymore to go to New York.  Evelyn couldn't believe that hers and William's wedding anniversary was coming up soon on November 14 and that they will have been married eight years and have three children!  

The family of five are now officially living in Buckingham Palace.  Evelyn tried to make their apartment seem as homey as possible and not as if they were living in a palace.  Her oldest, Alexander, was now five years old and the twins, Victoria and Spencer, were now two years old.

Earlier this year, the family of five went on a tour to Norway and Sweden.  They met with Crown Princess Victoria and her husband, Prince Daniel.  Victoria loved the fact that Evelyn and William named their daughter Victoria as well and gloated that she was named after her.  The kiddies loved them as well and they have become great friends since.

The family was getting ready for Harry's upcoming wedding next month and Evelyn wasn't sure how to feel about Meghan becoming part of the family.  It all started when they first met the American actress.  It was fine at the first meeting but seemed to go down hill from there.  

What's even worse is that William and Evelyn's kids are having to suffer not seeing their uncle as much.  

Last month was the Commonwealth and it was combined with Harry and Meghan in attendance.  It was fine but Evelyn was just so used to it being her, William and Harry at the events.  It felt weird having someone else there too.  It felt as though it was moving too fast and she wished it could slow down to give her a chance to get used to the change.  

It wasn't that Evelyn didn't like Meghan, she tried to, especially for Harry.  Harry had been so supportive of her relationship with William from the beginning so how could she not at least try?  William on the other hand was more reserved about Meghan.  They both had dated so many women that didn't have the right intentions on dating them.  He was very lucky with Evelyn and truly believed she was his soulmate.  He just wasn't so sure about Meghan.  But the wedding was happening with or without his brother's blessing.  Harry wanted his brother to love her but William was set on his opinion of Meghan now and he couldn't be persuaded otherwise and Meghan felt the same about William.  It made for very awkward outings with the other couple.

"Is Uncle Harry getting married, mummy?" Alexander asked his mum as they were eating dinner which made the parents smile at their son.

"He is.  That's why you three are going to be in the wedding," Evelyn explained to him.

"Why?"

"Why what, darling?" Evelyn asked.

"Why is he getting married?"