003 - The Jungle.

(003 - The Jungle)

You people are just giving me mad morale to update! The feedback from the last chapters, as well as the number of views and votes in just 24hours, is mind-blowing😱. I love you all so much! I swear I love you too much!

Welcome to Crestview International Academy. A big-shot fantasy high school in Victoria Island, Lagos State. As I said, it's a fantasy high school. Most of the venues in this book are made up🌚.

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘
(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

I don't think I can do this. I can't do this.

I thought to myself, feeling the bile coming up in my throat with a sick feeling accompanying it.

It was Monday morning, the day I was supposed to resume back to school.

After speaking to Dawn and Kizito yesterday, with them giving me the gist of the current happenings in school, I had looked forward to resuming school today. My mum was even shocked when she walked in on me in the laundry room, ironing my school uniform last night. I had seen it in her features, her expression. She was excited about my enthusiasm to resume school.

Only for me to wake up this morning and that enthusiasm of last night was nowhere to be found.

I had remembered what Dawn told me about how the school was still buzzing with the news of my brother's demise and I suddenly dreaded the thought of resuming school and facing my set mates. I wasn't ready for this at all. Most of my classmates already had thoughts about me and all these would just bring more unsolicited attention

That was probably why I was seated in front of my sky blue vanity table which was just beside my king-sized bed, only clad in my undies. I stared at my reflection in the mirror before me, trying to will myself not to throw up.

"I cannot do this," I whispered to my reflection, shaking my head and swallowing the rising bile in my throat. I began to think of what kind of lie to tell my mum and decided to go with the classic fever lie because I knew she'd walk in any moment from now to see if I was done dressing.

On cue, a knock came to my door and I quickly dashed for my bed, pulling my deep red duvet up to my chin.

"Come in," I called, letting my voice sound as croaked as I could muster, just to give off that sick feeling. When the doorknob turned, I began to feign shivers.

My mum came into view, her eyes locking with mine. She gave me a questionable gaze, folding her hand across her chest and pushing her body weight to her right leg. From her expression, I knew she wasn't buying it so I decided that I was either going to go big or go home. So, I started coughing, trying not to make it sound so fake. When I stole a look at her, her expression had not dissolved one bit.