LXIX. TILL DEATH DO US PART

TILL DEATH DO US PART!

JULY 1978

7th Year

• • • •

As the sun began to set over Ireland, the woods behind Lux Manor was bustling with excitement.

Guests had taken their seats on the wooden chairs that were either side of the aisle - which was sprinkled with pastel blue and purple rose petals.

At the end of the aisle, Regulus and his father stood underneath the wedding arch, the boy getting a pep talk from the man, brushing down his dress robes.

Fireflies were dancing in the sky and the string quartet were preparing.

Meanwhile, the bride was sat at the vanity table in her room, looking down at the origami frog in front of her, making it hop along the surface, when the door opened, making the girl look up at the mirror to see her mother walking in through the reflection.

"Hi." Larissa gave her a small smile, that her daughter reciprocated.

"Hi." Holland muttered, looking down and playing with her fingers.

"You look lovely." Larissa told the girl, closing her bedroom door.

"Thank you." Holland said, biting her lip and standing up, making her mother look her up and down with a smile.

"You really do make a beautiful bride."

"Well, I am your daughter," Holland said with a slight chuckle, "And you also wore this dress."

"The Dedalus tradition," Larissa nodded, before looking down at the small object on her hand and holding it out to her daughter, "Here."

Holland furrowed her eyebrows, looking down at the key in her hand.

"It's for you and Regulus," Larissa answered, making Holland look up at her in shock, "It's the key to your new house. A wedding gift from your father and I."

"Thank you." Holland told her mother.

"And if you put it in your bouquet, it can be your something new."

"W-What?"

"Well, your ring is your something blue, your dress is both old and borrowed, I've seen the sixpence taped to the bottom of your shoe," The woman listed off, "All you need is something new."

"But that's a-"

"Muggle tradition," Larissa nodded, "I did it when I married your father."

Holland looked at her mother with a soft smile, before walking back over to her vanity table - where her bouquet of white hydrengeas lay, tucking the key into the ribbon that held the flowers together.