F O U R

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

OLIVER FLETCHER

PAST
OCTOBER 2018

Max's words replayed in my head for four days, I should say yes to things more.

Maybe I should bring myself out of my comfort zone for once and surprise myself with how far I could go.

Still feeling suspicious of Max's sudden interest but I guess I'll never know unless I try. I'd be an idiot if I said I didn't find him attractive, he was unbelievably handsome and confident. Everything that I wasn't and yet he still wanted to speak to me.

I hadn't seen him since the night of the party, the rest of it was fairly average. Ruby got drunk and Peter and I had to carry her home safely. Making sure that Peter didn't try to take advantage of her at all considering that she could barely speak or stand up. But Peter puts her to bed and says goodnight to us.

Ruby and I had a hangover day on the Saturday even though I felt fine, we went for a walk and we spoke about how she felt for Peter. I listened because she seemed to like him a lot and I didn't want to barge in with my own opinions but I enjoyed her company.

Classes resumed on Monday and by Tuesday I was feeling a little calmer about the hectic workload. Walking across campus to the art studio, needing to look at resources and materials for my first big project.

My eyes catch onto Max as he strolls out of the same coffee shop as last week, his Americano in hand and jacket slung over his shoulders.

Stopping instantly as I watch him walk away from the direction of the art building, courage builds up in my feet as I grip onto my hands tightly. Finding myself bounding up to him before I turn back around and scold myself for this stupid idea.

My body almost collides with him because I forget to stop, Max glances up at me and takes a step back. A smile covering his face almost instantly as I part my lips, panting slightly from the sheer fear inside my body.

"Oliver," he says in surprise.

"Hi," I let out as I clutch onto my bag over my shoulder tighter.

"What's up?" He questions, the sunlight had begun to set and the golden rays were shining against his face. He raises his palm to cover his eyes so he could look towards me.

"The answer is yes," I say with a harsh swallow.

His dark eyes light up at my response. "Yes to what?" He narrows his eyes to me with a smile on his lips.

"Yes to going out," I say, feeling my cheeks burn with blood.

His head tilts for a moment, his gaze stretching over my face. "Now I didn't see that coming," he tells me.

"I thought about what you said," I admit, my mouth becoming incredibly dry. "And maybe I do need to say yes to things more."

Max steps forward and flashes a full bright smile. "Left a good impression on you then, huh?" He continues to smile, folding his arms over his chest, being careful of his coffee cup.

My eyes flick between his as I gather my thoughts, trying to not say something stupid or cringey. "You're right, uni is a chance to meet new people, make bad decisions."

Max's eyes sparkle in my directions. "Oh trust me, I am a bad decision." He tells me, noticing how he straightens his spine and stands over me for a moment.

"Don't make me regret this," I shake my head to him.

He laughs quietly and looks down to the floor. "I won't," he says confidently. "I'll come by your halls at about six?"