T H I R T Y - E I G H T

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

MAX COSTELLO

PAST
OCTOBER 2019

My first week at work was a success, I couldn't have asked for a single thing to go better

My first week at work was a success, I couldn't have asked for a single thing to go better. The people in my team were super friendly, helpful and all round nice guys. Jodie helped me settle in quickly, on Thursday she even took me out for a team lunch with everyone so they could get to know me better.

I already felt like home there and I couldn't believe how lucky I had got.

A smile didn't leave my face once as I strolled out of the office building, officially completing my first week of work. They had asked me out for drinks after work but I already agreed to see Oliver. It was his first week back of university and I wanted to see him more than anything. Both of us had a busy week and I know he'd want to destress.

So I politely declined even though I wanted to go with them but the excitement to see Oliver completely took over. I'd always have other days to go out with them.

As I took the steps up towards Oliver's apartment building, I rushed up to the second floor before I knocked loudly. It was only a matter of seconds before the door opened and Oliver was stood wearing his signature brown checked shacket over a white t-shirt and a pair of beige cargo pants.

He always looked so effortlessly good, even when he had been in art class all day.

A smile covers his lips as he sees me. "Hey," he says as he stands back and lets me in.

I lean forward to press a kiss to his cheek, his eyelashes fluttering once in the process. "Didn't think I'd be seeing you tonight," he comments, shutting the door behind me.

My head turns to him as I shove off my jacket. "Why wouldn't I see you tonight?" I furrow my eyebrows.

Oliver shrugs and we walk towards his sofas. "Just thought you'd be out with your work lot," he comments.

I shake my head instantly and grab onto his waist before he has the chance to sit down, pulling him onto my lap instead. "We had already made plans and I wouldn't bail on you." I explain as I kiss the edge of his jaw.

The corners of his lips twitch up into a smile before turning to me, wrapping his arms around my neck. "Well you're super sweet," he grins. "How's your first week been?"

"Amazing," I exhale as Oliver's eyes light up.

He shifts off my leg and sits down beside me, remaining to keep his hands on my body as he waits for me to carry on.

"The company are fucking fantastic, all the people who are in my team and who I work with are so kind and polite. They want to work with my drawings." I say as I flick my eyes between his. "Apparently they were talking about my final year piece for weeks, Jodie said she couldn't let my talent slip by."