N I N E

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily.

OLIVER FLETCHER

PAST
FEBRUARY 2019

Max and I decided to have a chilled evening at his uni house, to get away from halls and campus completely. He was currently whipping something up in the kitchen and told me to stay clear so he could focus, he wasn't the best cook 'apparently' but I liked the fact he was trying.

I throw my phone down onto his bed and stand, looking down at his bedside table at his silver rings. My fingers gingerly pick up one of the chunkier rings and I place it onto my finger, it wasn't a perfect fit but I liked the look, I hadn't really worn rings before.

Pushing my hand out to the wall to admire from a distance, they definitely looked better on Max, there was no way I could pull them off like he could.

My hand drops from the wall, the edge of my fingers clipping a cup of water on the stand. Crashing to the floor and leaking under his bed quickly. "Shit," I curse out, dropping to my knees to retrieve the cup. Noticing how the water was spreading across his floor and towards a duffle bag.

Reaching forward to pull back the bag, taking the tissues from the stand and instantly mopping up the floor. My eyes lift up the bag, shocked at how heavy it was but the bottom was wet and I didn't want anything to be damaged so I slide open the zip.

My eyes almost bulge out of my head as I glance down at the bag full to the brim with money. Tens of big wads of cash and laying perfectly on top was a black mobile phone, a brick that looked like it was from the 90's.

Staring back at the bag, unsure what to think or what to make of thousands of pounds of cash. My shaky hands attempt to push it back but I was shocked to the core, why would he have this much money?

Max's bedroom door cracks. "Right," he says chirpily. "Who is ready for a feast?"

His grin instantly drops as he looks down to me with the duffle bag, watching his expression wall within a second. "Oliver," he starts but I shake my head.

"What is this?" I breathe out quietly.

Max's eyes stare down to me as he shakes his head and shuts the door behind him. "It's best if you don't get involved," he tells me, leaning down to take the bag from my hands.

"Are you kidding me?" I exhale as I glance at him, his eyes looking down to the bag.

"Oliver, please," he breathes out harshly, closing his eyes for a brief moment.

"Are you like a drug dealer or something?"

Max's dark eyes turn to me as they widen. "No, no. I'm not a dealer." He says seriously.

"Then why the fuck do you have all this money?"

"The less you know the better," his hooded eyes find mine.

"What and I'm just meant to be okay with that?" I ask in disbelief.

Max looks away from me for a moment, zipping up the bag with his fingers and sliding it away from our eyesight. "You don't need to worry," he says quietly. "It's fine, I've got everything under control."

"What does that even mean Max?" I lift my hands out to him in confusion.

He sighs deeply and stands from the floor. "Please Oliver, the less you know the better."

"But why?" I say sharply. "We're in a relationship and you shouldn't be hiding things from me. I want to know what's going on with you. Are you in trouble?"