T H I R T Y - O N E

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

OLIVER FLETCHER

PAST
AUGUST 2019

After my conversation with my father a couple of weeks ago, things seemed somewhat clearer

After my conversation with my father a couple of weeks ago, things seemed somewhat clearer. He had rung and text a lot more than he used to, checking in and making sure that I was okay. He invited me to stay at their house but I politely declined.

They already had a lot on their plate between them and Kerry's teenage children, I didn't really need to move in for a month or two to move out again.

I could cope with being on campus by myself for an extra couple of weeks, even when Max popped by and we would go out every so often.

Things could be worse. At least Max and I were willing to push past what happened and get on with our lives. He was clearly beating himself up about it but I just wanted to focus on the future, both of us actively trying to make an effort for the better.

It was a bright sunny day and I decided to take myself on a walk around the grounds of campus. Even though we were in the middle of London, the scenery was still beautiful.

I contemplate grabbing a coffee at the SU bar but it was still surprisingly busy, not wanting to look like a loner and sit by myself, I walk on by. Taking a leisurely walk through campus and out the back, through the trees onto a gravelly path.

Perching down on a bench and looking up at the blissful sun, I wanted to take advantage of days like today. Especially with the glorious weather and when it's warm in England in the summer, you have to make the most of it.

"Oli?"

A voice from beside me calls out, I look up and turn my head. My eyes widen when I spot Jamie strolling towards the bench.

My lips curve at the sight of him. "Hey Jamie," I say humbly.

"Can I sit?" He asks as he approaches the bench.

I nod a little too fast and scoot to the other end. "Of course, of course." I nod.

"Thanks." He smiles before perching down beside me, looking at his blonde hair that was pulled back into a tight top knot. "On your daily walk, huh?"

A deep sigh leaves my lips before I hesitantly laugh. "Yeah, you?"

"Not much else to do," he says as he extends out his legs in front of us, the sun hitting his shins perfectly.

"Agreed."

"How have you been?" He questions as he rotates his head towards me.

I take him in for a moment and purse my lips. "If you mean since that situation with Max and you. I've been okay, we've been working things out. I'm still so sorry he did that to you, you have no idea how embarrassed I am."