E L E V E N

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily.

OLIVER FLETCHER

PAST
MARCH 2019

"Right that's it," Max mumbles from beside me as he rips away my notepad from my desk.

"Hey," I pout as I spin in my chair towards him. "Give it back, I've got class in an hour."

Max shakes his head towards me and leans back into his chair, his denim jacket rolled up at the sleeves slightly. "You study far too much, in the week when you should be studying. On the weekend when you shouldn't be studying."

My head tilts towards him, warning him that I wasn't ready for one of his heartfelt, you only live once speeches.

"Oliver," he says my name slowly. "All we've done since you've been here is study, eat food and watch shitty movies. We need to do more, do something fun and exciting. Bring you out of your comfort zone."

I narrow my eyes towards him. "And this needs to happen today?"

"Yes," he nods instantly. "You live in a bubble that you are comforted by, let's live life and do things that scare us, excite us. Remind us why we are alive."

"But I like my bubble," I mumble out.

Max cracks a beautiful smile and leans forward onto his knees. "I know you do but that's exactly that," he tells me. "Do you not want to do something spontaneous and shock yourself?"

I ponder his words for a few moments. Maybe he thought I was boring which is why he's trying to convince me to do something out of my comfort zone, too deep in uni work to actually be living my life. Being a teenager I should be out having fun and living the best parts of my life.

"What did you have in mind?" I say in response.

Max's eyes glisten towards me as he presses a kiss to my cheek. "You'll see," he whispers in my ear. "Pack your things, we've got to be there in forty minutes."

I glare over at him as I pack away my things slowly. "You already booked it?" I say lowly.

Max continues to grin back at me as he pushes his chair out from underneath him. "Yep," he says, sounding sure of himself. "I did."

"Why are you so cocky?" I shake my head as I stand from the desk and sling my bag over my arm.

We walk towards the exit of the library, Max drapes his arm over my shoulder and sighs out. "I dunno, guess that's what I like about myself." He tells me and I can't help but smile.

"I like it too," I admit. "So where are we going?"

"Nice try," Max shakes his head towards me as we reach his car in the university car park.

"Am I going to die?"

"Maybe," he shrugs before dropping his arm around me and moving to open the driver door.

"Oh God," I groan out as I slide into the passenger seat. "I'm scared already."

"You should be," Max's eye drops into a subtle wink and I sink back into the seat wishing that I never agreed to this.

The journey takes no longer than fifteen minutes, but every step of the way felt like an hour. My stomach was flipping inside me, anxious about what we were doing.

Max leans over to grip my thigh. "Chill," he tells me. "You're gonna love it."

"Hope so," I mumble out as we pull up into a car park.