T W E L V E

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

AN: Hey silent readers, I'd love to hear what you guys are thinking about this story🥺🥺 even if it's in private message! I wanna hear from you all.

OLIVER FLETCHER

PAST
APRIL 2019

"I like watching you draw," I comment, my eyes settle on Max as he leans over his sketch pad, a sharp pencil in hand. Doodling across the paper with ease.

Max smiles down towards his drawings. "Well I'm glad you're enjoying it," he comments but doesn't look up at me.

His lines were smooth and perfectly rounded, high definition and texture. "Would you ever draw a tattoo for me?" I question.

Max's pencil stops on his paper and he flicks his eyes over to me. "You'd want me to draw you something?"

My shoulders shrug towards him. "I know it will be original, that's been my problem with getting a tattoo. I don't want everyone else to have the same."

"I didn't know you wanted a tattoo," Max grins towards me as he spins in his chair, leaning forward onto his elbows gently.

"Guess I've just been looking at yours and I like the look of them," I admit.

"What do you want?"

I hum for a moment, I've had a few ideas but I didn't want them to seem basic or boring. "I've always liked the idea of a cat laying down and it shaded with some funky pattern or something."

Max raises his eyebrow at me. "Okay, okay," he nods towards me. "I could get down with that."

"Really?" I smile.

He hums instantly. "I love drawing animals," he says before pulling up his long sleeved top. "That's why I've got this rhino on my forearm."

There was no doubting that Max was a good drawer, he was exceptional. They looked perfect against his freckled skin.

"So you'd draw something up for me?" I say.

"Course," Max responds. "I'll do anything for you."

My heart melts in my chest as I look into his dark mysterious eyes. Feeling my phone buzz in my jacket pocket, stirring me away from our cute little moment.

Glancing down at the phone and looking at Drew's name across the screen, asking if we could meet up now for our projects that are due next week.

"Who is it?" Max asks curiously as he leans back in his seat.

"Drew," I reply. "Asking if I want to meet up to go over our paintings for our final project."

My feet stand from my bed and Max narrows his eyes at him. "You're not going are you?" He questions instantly.

"Yeah, I really need some help on it and I'm worried about the deadline being so soon." I say as I grab my bag.

"But we said we would spend our night together," Max says bluntly.

"And I need to finish my work Max," I breathe out slowly.

"You blew me off last week for him," he shakes his head as he pushes himself up from the chair. "This is the only day this week I can see you and you're off to see him?"

"Max," I shake my head.

"It's so fucking obvious that he likes you!" He exclaims before running his hand through his hair.