S I X

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

OLIVER FLETCHER

PAST
DECEMBER 2018

I hated essays, I hated theory based projects. My intelligence lies within creativity, not writing a bunch of words down onto a page when I had no idea what to write, reusing the same fifty words over and over.

My eyes glance over at the clock, it was late and I was still at the library. I refused to leave until this essay was finished considering it was due in two days. Needing a whole day to edit and make amendments. I desperately needed to finish it today.

Grazing my fingers across my keyboard on my laptop gingerly, glancing out the window at the black sky. The library floor was dead, people packing up to go home and to sleep. Jealousy riding up in my body when I realised I was the only one left here at nine o'clock at night.

And I still had at least a thousand more words to go. Ready to gauge out my eyes and apply for extenuating circumstances for having no eyeballs.

Cursing to myself, I was procrastinating even now. Fuck.

My phone buzzes next to my laptop and I reach to look at the screen.

Max

You not home?

Oliver

No, I'm at the library. I'm about to commit.

Max

It's late, you should take a break

Oliver

I can't:( this essay is defeating me.

My eyes stare back at the screen for a few moments, Max doesn't reply and I drop my phone back onto the table with a thud. A deep sigh escaping my lips as I focus my eyes back onto the screen in front of me.

The words jumbling into unreadable sentences, I groan aloud and rest my elbows onto the desk. Pressing my hands to the edge of my head, feeling defeated.

A hand is pressed to my shoulder causing me to jump out of my skin, not even hearing footsteps approach me.

My head whips around to Max who stands with a grand smile across his face. "Fuck," I mumble. "Don't do that."

"I'm sorry," Max continues to smile as he plonks himself down onto the chair beside me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Wanted to see you," he says softly. "I also brought snacks."

"Oh my God," I rush. "Are you joking?"

"Nope," he shakes his head, shrugging off his backpack and unzipping the hem.

He throws a packet of sensations and a kinder bueno in my direction, my stomach growling loudly at the sight. "You're the best," I tell him with a wide smile. "But I can't eat these." I say as I point towards the chocolate bar.

"Why?" Max's eyes frown towards me.

"I'm allergic to nuts," I say as I slide it back over to him. "That shit might kill me."

"Oh," he says as he snaps it back instantly. "I had no idea, sorry."

I shrug towards him. "It's okay, the crisps will do. Thank you."

"Thought you're going to need the energy if you've got an essay to bash out." He says as he drops his hand down onto the table, his rings clinging against the wood.