S E V E N T E E N

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

OLIVER FLETCHER

PAST
APRIL 2019

"I really hope I've made the right choice," I sigh as I climb into Max's car, feeling my legs shake as I sit down

Max frowns at me and twists the keys to start the engine. "You don't want to see your dad?"

"Of course I do," I shake my head towards him as I watch his left hand put the car in gear and gently pull away from the side of the road. "I've just never come out to him."

"I mean you don't have to tell him that we're together," Max shrugs as he keeps his eyes on the road. "Could say we're just friends or whatever."

"No," I say instantly. "Life is too short and I should be able to live it the way I want to."

Max's hand leans over to grip my knee, a bright smile on his lips. "Too right," he nods at me. "The only person who should care about what you do in your life is you, Oliver."

"Did you come out to your parents?" I question as I shuffle in my seat.

He nods before pursing his lips. "My dad didn't like it," he shakes his head. "My mother accepted it. We haven't really spoke about it since."

"Least they didn't disown you," I say jokily.

Max's hand moves from my knee to cup my cheek, his eyes still watching the road. "Whatever happens, I'll be there. If it means that we need to leave then we leave. Simple."

My hand reaches up to grip his wrist, gently pressing my lips to his palm. "You're the best."

"So what happened with your parents?" He questions as he pulls his hand away from my face to change gear.

"They broke up when I was younger," I nod as I look out of the window. "I don't really remember it but my mum said it was for the best. My dad moved on and now he's remarried, been raising his new wife's kids."

"Oh wow," Max says as he clutches onto the wheel to turn the corner. "Least they knew it was for the best."

"Exactly," I agree. "Thanks for taking us by the way."

"It's not far," he shakes his head. "Your dad must be minted if he's living near central London."

I snort to myself and look away. "Yeah minted because of his new wife," my voice lowers. "It's not even his money, pretty sure it's her fathers inheritance or something."

"Well let's just try to have a good time, hmm?" Max tries to grab my attention back into the car.

"We will have a good time," I confirm. "I'm just not prepared for unwanted questions and judgement."