T W E N T Y - E I G H T

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

OLIVER FLETCHER

PAST
JULY 2019

Jamie was a fun person to hang out with, he took us to some of the best bars in town

Jamie was a fun person to hang out with, he took us to some of the best bars in town. He knew a lot of the bartenders and managed to wrangle us some cheaper drinks, others for free. It was a night of forgetting all my woes and enjoying the moment, instead of keeping cooped up in my room forever.

I didn't know what the time was but it wasn't too late, I definitely got drunk far too quickly. I've always been a lightweight but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Meant I didn't have to spend as much money as everyone else.

We stumble out of the cab at the car park of our campus, I chuckle away as Jamie attempts to hoist me up with his arm. "Come on," he heaves out as he shuts the car door with his knee. "I know you're severely drunk but we need to make it another twenty yards so you don't pass out on the floor okay?"

My lips purse as I nod, I couldn't really feel my feet or the floor for that matter. It was like I was gliding, smoothly. Jamie must have been strong, that or I was severely wasted. Most likely the latter.

Jamie makes it to the elevator door and slides us in, taking us up to my dorm floor. I attempt to fish out my keys but Jamie grabs them before I drop them. "You do not mix with tequila shots," he laughs to himself.

My mouth gapes open at him. "Yes I do," I slur. "I love tequila and tequila loves me. End of."

He chuckles. "Sure thing buddy," he says as he pulls me out of the lift and down the hall. "Number ten, right?"

"Right," I nod as my eyes begin to close slowly.

As we turn the corner Jamie stops walking and I shift my eyes open, my head looking up to see Max push himself off the floor. His gaze pulled into a deep frown as he flicks his eyes between us aggressively.

"What are you doing here?" I question slowly as I loosen myself from Jamie's hold.

"I could ask you the same question." He grounds out angrily. "Your phone was off, you said we'd talk."

"I'm sorry, I went out instead," I shrug simply.

Max's eyes move from mine to Jamie's within a second, clocking as his jaw tightens unexpectedly and his fists tighten by his sides. "And who the fuck are you?" He spits.

"Max," I shake my head as he approaches us.

"Jamie," he states simply. "I was taking your boyfriend home."

Max steps up to him, their chests almost touching. "Oh yeah?" His eyes burn with fury before he grabs onto his shirt and shoves him into the wall unexpectedly. "So you can take advantage of him? You sick fuck."