S I X T E E N

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

OLIVER FLETCHER

PAST
APRIL 2019

Painting felt like the most beautiful thing in the world, being able to press a brush to a blank canvas and create what your heart desires is extraordinary. Impressed with the way in which my mind works, sometimes I even surprise myself with the detail I go into with every new painting.

It was like I couldn't stop, I never wanted to stop. I always want to explore new challenges and discover new techniques to make my work better. Desperately wanting to improve in every way I can, my biggest dream would be to have my art displayed in an exhibition or gallery.

So that's why I practice everyday, so I can make my biggest dream a possibility. Sharing art is a gift, allowing others to see something they've never seen before, experience before. Tell a story with a thousand meanings and share something personal to me, with strangers.

"Oliver," Max's voice snaps me out of my trance as I pull my brush away from the white canvas.

My head whips around to his body as he stands beside me. "Sorry." I tell him. "I was miles away."

Max's lips curve up into a smile. "I could tell," he nods as he folds his arms over his chest, watching as his eyes rake over my art work. "It's looking good."

"Thanks," I smile before placing down my brush and wiping my hands against each other. "What you doing?"

"Came to find you," he comments as I look up at him again. His arm extends to my cheek and he brushes his thumb against my skin. "You got a little white paint."

"Oh," I shake my head as he continues to wipe my skin.

"All better." He tells me before leaning forward to steal a kiss from my lips. "Yeah I was just wondering if you were up to anything tonight."

"Well of course not, it's our night." I say with a slight frown, hoping that he hadn't made plans to do something without me.

"Great," his voice becomes louder. "Because we're going to a concert."

"A concert?" I repeat.

Max hums towards me. "Yep, it's in a couple hours in Camden. Are you up for it?"

"Yeah," I say with a wide grin. "That sounds amazing, I'm super tired but I'd love to go."

"I'm pleased," he nods towards me before taking one step closer, his fingers gingerly plucking out the collar of my long checked shirt.

"Who are we seeing?" I question curiously.

Max's smile stretches as his dark eyes look down to me. "Well remember when we said we'd take each other's music tastes into account," he says slowly and I nod. "It's a band that I'm really fond of, they're super cool."

"Who?"

"Blue Opal."

"Never heard of them."

A small laugh passes Max's lips as he looks down to the floor for a second. "Thought as much."

"I don't care what music it is." I shake my head. "I haven't been to a concert in the longest time, it'll be fun. I'm looking forward to it."

Max's hands reach forward to press to my cheeks, bringing our faces together. "Thanks for being open minded," he mumbles against my lips before pecking me gently.