LXXIII. IN FAIR VERONA

IN FAIR VERONA!

AUGUST 1978

• • • •

"Italy." Holland grinned, as she and Regulus walked down the streets of the beautiful country.

"Wasn't that one of your guesses?" The boy asked, swinging their intertwined hands between them.

"Third on my list." Holland grinned proudly, looking up at her husband, who was already smiling back at her.

"Well, your mother said that her friend has given us her villa here for two weeks."

Holland snorted out a laugh, "Villa? More like a castle!"

Regulus chuckled, nodding in agreement, "So, what do you want to do."

Holland smiled up at Regulus with a twinkle in her eyes, "Everything."

***

"Where are we going?" Regulus asked Holland with a laugh, as she guided him through alleyways, following the directions that Maxine had written down for her on a piece of parchment.

"According to Max, it should be just here." Holland said, stopping in front of a brick wall, the couple still hand in hand.

"Ah, the ever so famous brick wall of Verona." Regulus smirked, receiving a glare from his wife.

"I'm not done yet," She told him, taking her wand out of her sleeve and tapping the brick wall three times.

The pair stepped back as the wall disappeared in front of them, revealing a street canal system. A wizarding one. With laughter, magic and colour.

Holland smirked up at her husband, putting her wand and piece of parchment back in her bag, "Welcome to the Italian Wizarding World."

"Wow." Regulus breathed out, looking around in awe.

"Come on." Holland ushered the younger boy, leading him over to an empty gondola, the girl whispering in the driver's ear, him nodding before she handed over a few galleons to him.

"What're we doing?" Regulus asked as she sat down next to him, their hands becoming intertwined once again, "I thought you'd want to explore."

Holland smiled at him as the gondola started to move, "There's something I want us to see first. Grandpa Jeremiah told me about it in the stories he would tell me as a child about him and Grandma Elara. He said it's the perfect place to go with your love."

Realising what she said, the pair blushed, looking at each other with a nervous smile.

Regulus studied her, "Well then, I can't wait to see it."

For the rest of the ride, Holland rested her head on the boy's shoulder, the couple pointing out things they saw as they passed through the wizarding street, whether it be a majestic creature flying through the air, an interesting looking shop that they made a mental note to go into, or a flower that one of them found beautiful, they listened to each other, talking with a soft smile on their faces.

Once the boat had arrived at the destination, the couple thanked the driver, before Holland once again grabbed Regulus' hand, leading him through the fields that she had brought them to.

"You didn't bring me here to kill me, did you?" Regulus teased, as they started to walk up one of the hills in the field, careful to stay on the path and to not step on any of the enchanted flowers or sweet, little creatures that danced around them.

"I'll answer that if you can make it up the hill in once piece." Holland smiled, making Regulus chuckle at the older girl.

Reaching the top of the hill the pair gasped.

"It's just like he said it was." Holland whispered.

Standing on top of the hill, the couple looked out at the beautiful view of the Italian Wizarding World in front of them, the sun setting over the beautiful mirage.

"It's beautiful." Regulus agreed standing behind the girl, wrapping his arms around her, as she leaned into his warmth.

"Pulchritudinous." Holland mumbled with a soft smile.

"Look." Regulus whispered, gesturing above them, making look Holland look up and grin at the sight of garden fairies dancing around the pair, looking like colourful fireflies in the night sky.

Holland turned around in the boy's arms, her eyes not leaving the fairies, "Beautiful."

"Yeah," Regulus muttered, causing Holland to look at him, only to find him staring at her, "Beautiful."

The pair stared at each other, the tension thick.

Holland swallowed and licked her lips, "Screw it?"

"Screw it." Regulus breathed out with a nod, before leaning down and placing a sweet, soft kiss on the girls lips.

They pulled back, both blushing furiously.

"Was that okay?" Regulus asked.

Holland nodded with a smile, putting her hands around his neck, "Perfect." She said, before the couple shared another kiss, their figures illuminated by the moon and the dancing fairies.

A perfect moment.