Chapter 1: The Start of a Legend

When James woke up one hot morning and found out it was only 4:53, he knew some- thing was different to this night.

Not long after, he figured it out: his wife Lily let out a small yelp and started panting heavily next to him.

"James... it's happening!"

James knew what she meant in an instant: Lily had just gone into labour!

At first, he really didn't know what to do, but he had done this not too long before, so he figured out what to do only moments later.

Three long hours later, a new family member was added to the Potter family: Lucy Lily Potter.

Because everything had gone pretty well, it was not long before she was first introduced not only to her parents,  but also to her big brother Harry.

Unlike other siblings, they looked like they would cope surprisingly well together. 
"They luckily aren't like me and Petunia," Lily joked at the side of her two beloved children.

If only they knew what would be facing them only a few months later...

*~*

After the prophecy had been made, Dumbledore had informed the Potters and the Longbottoms - who were the only two possible families - that they were forced to hide. This is how it was now: James, Lily, Harry and Lucy were trapped in a house in Gidric's Hollow, hiding from Voldemort.

There was one positive thing it had brought to the family: they had become a close, amazing family and lucky for them, their secret keeper came visiting every so often, to keep them company and cheer them up. It was the only thing actually, that kept James sane: he was not at all used to having to stay inside at all times, not running off with his best friends.

It also helped that he now had two children to take care of and to destract him from the outside world.

James Potter had always thought that after Lily and his best friends, he would never love anyone else this much, but he had now proven himself wrong: his children meant the absolute world to him and he knew he would love them to the very end.

But at that one terrible night, all was lost: Voldemort had found them at last and finally finished off James, who had fought bravely and later, asked Lily to stand aside. This was unusual, as Voldemort was not one to show mercy. But nonethless, Lily was killed, as she refused to let Voldemort kill all she had left that was dear to her.

When Vokdemort used the killing curse on Harry however, it didn't work properly; it rebounded onto Voldemort himself, leaving only a scar on Harry's forehead.

Hagrid later came to pick them up, as the news of the terrible events had spread among wizarding community. He met Sirius Black there, who insisted on taking Harry and Lucy with him, but Hagrid refused and said he was taking them to Dumbledore. He got Sirius' motorbike to travel on and went to 4 Privet Drive.

Dumbledore and Minerva McGonnagall waited for him there together, both looking very serious.

"Albus, I watched those relatives, are you sure we should do this?" McGonnagall, doubt obviously in her voice.

"They are the only family they now have left Minerva, I indeed believe this is for the best," Dumbledore answered calmly, yet with clear certainty. "How did you get the motorcycle Hagrid?" He asked curiously.

"Got 'em from ol' Sirius Black. Drea'ful he looked..." Hagrid handed Dumbledore and McGonnagall the children and took out a handkerchief, depping his face.

Only just a moment later, he bursted into heavy, loud sobs, echoing all through the previously quiet street.

"Hagrid, do control yourself," McGonnagall said sternly. "You'll wake all those people!"

"It's just horrible it is," Hagrid said in between sobs. "Lily and James gone, li'le Harry and Lucy all alone and hurt."

"They look to be just fine now Hagrid," Dumbledore assured him calmly.

Once Hagrid was done sobbing and Dumbledore had finally convinced McGonnagall it was best for the kids to grow up outside of their world, now that they would probably be famous, they settled them on Petunia and Vernon Dursley's doorstep, though both McGonnagall and Hagrid were still not really in with the plan too much.

Afterwards, all of them left and went to the many parties that were being thrown because of Voldemort's defeat.

After this night, in which he and his sister Lucy had lost everything, Harry was known as the 'Boy Who Lived' and both he and Lucy were famous household terms all over the world.

_______________

A/N: Hey guys, so this is a new HP fanfic, but it is my first though, so yeah well you know...
I hope it's a good start!

THE BIG QUESTION: Who is Lucy's godfather?????

(Sorry, you won't find out soon...)