|Year 3 | Chapter 19: Drinks before doom

Harry's POV:

"That was some match, Harry!" Lucy congra- tules me with a smirk. "Cho Chang was an interesting opponent, wasn't she?"

I feel myself blush at the thought of my little sister noticing me look at a girl. But I have to admit: Cho Chang, the Ravenclaw seeker, really was a very interesting girl to play against. Mostly she was just an interesting girl, in general. I look her way, trying to do so subtly. She looks disappointed at losing, of course, and I do feel kind of bad. She catches me staring and gives me a smile and a small wave.

"Oh God, you really like her!" Lucy's smirk grows even wider, I feel my cheeks get warmer and warmer.

"You're annoying, y'know that?" I shove her lightly and she laughs at me. She laughs at me. "Are you coming to the party tonight? After the win, I mean?"

"I can try, but Poppy's not too fond of me being here for the match as it is," Lucy huffs. Why is she always in such bad luck?! Al- ways absent at the fun parties, all because of one stupid night out, only to escape our crazy home. "How are you feeling? We never talk about those nights anymore..."

I know she's been talking to no one about it, only to Vanessa, maybe. At first, I thought she talked to Ginny and Liliana too, but I asked, she does not. Maybe she writes to Remus about it all? It sounds more like her.

"It hurts, especially after the match..." I can see she's still unwell: she's still pale, she flexes her shoulder regularly and she looks a bit ill after the exercise.

"Maybe it's best if you just rest tonight," I say. I hate to keep her from the party, but it wouldn't help if she passed out halfway through the night, right?

"I'll only come to the party for a little while," Lucy suggests as a compromise. She is of course bound on being at the victory party, which I get. I really want her to enjoy a party as well: she doesn't have much luxury when it comes to parties.

"Okay. But you'd better get back to the Hospital Wing when you start feeling worse again."

She agrees instantly with a grateful hug. "Thanks Harry! And you know, Poppy will come get me herself if she thinks it gets too late... and otherwise Vanessa and Ginny will drag me there."

"We sure will," Vanessa responds as the girls join us, followed closely by Ron and Hermi- one. "Ginny, 'Liana and I vowed to always look after our Lucy. We are sure to obey that vow!"

"At least let her have some fun," Ron chimes in. "She's just won a Quidditch game for us. If it hadn't been for her, we could've never earned enough points for Harry to be able to go catch that snitch!"

"Thank you, Ron!"

"No problem, Lu!"

"Now, let's go change for the PARTYYY!" Liliana pulls Lu, Vanessa and Ginny after her and gestures for 'Mione to come too. "Come on! We can all get dressed together!"

Hermione smiles, excited and follows them quickly.

"As if those parties are so serious," Ron mutters as we watch them run over to the castle. "I'm not going to change, that much I know... I'll never understand girls."

*

As the Gryffindor party is warming up a little, Lee Jordan, Fred and George enter, later as always, with the booze.

"We have come at last!" Fred announces to all of the Gryffindor tower. "The party can finally start!"

"Ridiculous," Hermione tuts at them, as she turns back to her homework. She has a lot of homework, with all of the subjects she's following this year.