Chapter 2: Happy birthday

Lucy's POV:

Vanessa had left after a while to go buy school stuff in Diagon Alley with Minnie and her parents. I had gone home, seeing Harry there and a day later, visited the Hale family to see Vanessa.

Mr. Hale was quite mad with me and Vanessa and her mom in turn, were mad with him. Mrs. Hale luckily didn't hate me for what I did.

I wanted to apologize, I really did. Truth is, I just couldn't, because it'd mean he's right. He was not, he was wrong for judging Remus so soon.

Today is the day: Harry's birthday. He was 12 now and I had gotten him a great present. With us having no money whatsoever, at least, muggle money, we had barely anything here, but I had written to Hagrid to get money out of Harry and my vault, far before summer had started.

Yes, I used money that was partly Harry's, but what else could I do?

"Happy birthday, big bro!" I jumped on his bed, jerking him awake abruptly. He groaned, but smiled nonetheless at my excitement.

"Mornin'..." he sat up, facing me and I hugged him. He had a smile, but I knew he was sad and had been for a while now. Because of the Dursleys, the upcoming full moon and his friens not writing to him.

Today he hadn't received a single letter again and I was mad at those 'friends'. When we would go back together, if I could come at all, I was gonna tell show not to mess with my brother this way.

"I got you a present!" I pushed the small box into his hands and a goofy grin appeared on his half-asleep face. "It wasn't too much, was it?"

He unpacked it and gasped in awe. It was a beautiful muggle camera, small enough to take with you everywhere.

"You didn't... how did you get it?" I grinned. "I had some help." His smile grew so broad it must have hurt and hugged me tight.

"Thank you Lucy..." the relief I felt, and always feel on his birthday, when I know I've found the right gift and know he loves it, overcame me again.

Because of the lack of money I used to have and the lack of Muggle money I have now, it's a bit hard to find a present that I don't have to steal because I can't pay it.

But now I had wizarding money, from our parents' vault, that I could use. I had needed to ask Remus for his help in changing it to muggle money, because getting away from the Dursleys these days.

I had planned on asking Hagrid, since he actually knew Harry, but Hagrid doesn't understand muggle money and Remus for some reason, does.

"Now, let's take our first picture with it, shall we?" I clapped my hands together ans sat up straight.

Harry grinned and examined the camera better. When he found out all he needed for now, he hugged me and I hugged back, while he took the picture.

When the polaroid came out, Harry was quite surprised to see the picture moving. "I asked my helper on this part," I explained. "It's bewitched. It takes muggle polaroids, but makes them move like in the wizarding world!"

Amazed it worked this well, we looked at the picture and smiled at it together: it was a plain photo, of two kids hugging and being happy, but it held so much love. The kind of love you'd only ever find between family.

"The only thing we need now, is an album!" Harry looked at me in suspicion, but the smirk was evident in his features.

"How're we getting it, Sarge?" He saluted and I laughed at his antics. He might not be as much into pranks as I was, but he definitely had the same humour and sas.