Chapter 13: Life After Halloween

Lucy's POV:

In the morning after Halloween, I planned to talk to Harry, Hermione and Ron first: I needed answers.

However, avoiding Liliana, Ginny and Vanessa's questions proved to be extremely hard.

"Did you get in trouble?" Vanessa asked first thing when she saw I was awake. This made the others look up too, including Marley.

"Not yet, but I-"

"Did they do it?" Liliana asked. I didn't answer but hurried to the bathroom instead.

"What were they even doing there?" I heard Marley ask the rest, who didn't reply, probably shrugged.

I sighed heavily, took a shower and got dressed. Today was weekend, which meant no classes and normally, time to relax.

Today was not gonna be one of those days. I could feel it.

After using the bathroom, I hurried down- stairs to the Common Room. I was hoping to find the trio there, so I could talk to them quickly.

"Hello there Potter Junior!" I turned around confused and came face to face with Fred and George, who looked carefree and happy as always.

"Seriously? 'Potter Junior' is the best you could come up with?" I smirked at the twins though. I enjoyed their company a lot. Dis- tracted me from my problems.

"How about 'fellow prankster'?" George replied, mirroring the smirk.

"Much better."

"Sorry for yesterday, after all of the events, no one really talked about the prank any- more..."

"Nah, it's fine. I'd forgotten all about it myself, to be honest."

"Planning on any more then?" Fred asked with a grin. At that moment, Harry walking came down the stairs.

"I'm sorry guys, but I have to talk to Harry right now..."

"See you later then," the twins said insync, before going out.

"G'morning-"

"We need to talk Harry. About yesterday."

Harry looked uneasy at this and bent closer to me. "I swear, we didn't do it! We were just there!"

"I know that, you idiot," I whispered back. "But what were you doing there?"

"It's a long story..."

I waited for him to continue, but when he didn't, I scowled. "I've got time Harry! Get on with it."

"We should wait for Ron and Hermione first though..." Harry was trying to get off the topic.

"Fine, we'll talk after breakfast then."

I was about to leave, frustrated at my brother, when he called me back. "How're you doing? With the full moon coming up and all..."

I sighed and turned back to him. "I'm doing fine Harry, just a bit queasy. Worst is after the full moon, not before."

"Look I don't know how we're gonna explain your absence every month, but people are gonna notice," Harry said seriously. "If Hermione hasn't already noticed."

"I'm pretty sure Hermione noticed," I said miserably, sitting down on the couch in front of the fireplace. "She's onto me, I can sense it. With her it's just a matter of time, before..."

"Before she knows," Harry sat down too, staring into the fireplace. "I could try and find out what she's up to. Besides, with all that's happened now, she'll be preoccupied for a while too."