Chapter 15: Reunited

Harry's POV:

For some time, longer than I'll ever dare to admit, I just stood there, staring at her, dumbstruck. She laughed at it and said hello to me and apparantly, to Ron.

"H-how did you...?" Lucy beamed at me and came running up to me and hugged me. It felt so good to see her again and to finally be able to hug her again. It had been two months, but these two months had been quite eventful.

"Well, we finally meet!" Ron exclaims when we let go of each other. Lucy beams and offers him her hand, very civilized. I snorted at the sight: I had already told Ron all about Lucy and her mischievous nature.

This was why Ron was so cautious when taking Lucy's hand, which made me sort of laugh, but I noticed Lucy frowned a little at it. She didn't say anything though and just introduced herself in her cheery manner.

"Ron Weasley," Lucy smiled kindly and shook Ron's hand. "Nice to meet you. How have you guys been?"

Ron and I exchanged glances: Hogwarts was great, but we were both debating wether we could tell her everything. Not because she'd go and tell McGonnagall or another professor, but because she'd try and help us and get herself into trouble, before her first year.

"Er... it's been great really!" Ron and I tried to sound convincing and if she noticed the lying, she didn't show this. "Quidditch is AMAZING," I said, to defuse the tension and get to a good topic. Lucy was always very interested in Quidditch through the letters and naturally, she asked us all about it.

"So you won the first game? That's brilliant!" She was practically bouncing in her seat on the couch. We'd moved and settled in the couches and comfy chair by the fireplace in the common room. "Who are the players for Gryffindor? Can I meet them?"

"Well, our three chasers are Angelina Johnson, Katie Bell and Alicia Spinnet. Our keeper and team captain is Wood and our beaters are Fred and George Weasley," I explained. At the name 'Weasley', Lucy eyed Ron. "They're Ron's older brothers, they're twins."

"I know who they are," she surprisingly said. "I saw them at the station. They were joking around, weren't they?" Ron groaned at the fact that she already knew Fred and George. This was gonna be a long holiday. But a good one too.

Hogwarts looked amazing. The decorations Hagrid had been putting up a few days ago, was spectacular and we were all in awe. People looked a tat bit strange at Lucy, who was clearly younger than us, but no one said anythong. In fact, I thought I saw Professor McGonnagall smile at us walking around.

Lucy later explained how the Dursleys had received a letter from Professor Dumbledore, asking if she would like and was allowed to come to Hogwarts. "At first, they said no," Lucy told us. "They're still very mad about it all, but after another few letters from Minnie they finally agreed, probably to get rid of the attention they were getting from neighbours. The letters were sent by owl." Lucy giggled at the thought of it.

"Who's 'Minnie?'" Ron asked confused. "Professor McGonnagall of course!" Lucy said as if it was so obvious. "Don't you use that nickname here?" We shook our heads. No one dared call her anything other than 'professor McGonnagall'.

Dumbledore and McGonnagall both seemed very happy with Lucy's arrival, for some reason. Ron suggested it was probably because I'd wanted it so badly and it really made me happier this Christmas. I thought they might have had an idea about the abuse, but I hoped I was wrong there.

Nevertheless, we had the best time ever and Lucy even helped us with the search for Nicholas Flamel. Or well, we were headed there now.

"So, how did you get to the name?" She was very curious and it made Ron laugh already. "Hagrid accidentally let it slip." Ron grinned. "We think he has something to do with whatever Snape's trying to steal." Lucy turned to me, a questioning look in her eyes. I hadn't told her yet.