Chapter 19: Simply investigating!

Lucy's POV:

I never mentioned the strange behaviour to the girls again, maybe I should have, but it was no use: I already knew what it was.

Liliana had joined Ginny and Hermione in their search and I was even more doomed now. They were joining forces.

Not only Hermione acted strange: so did Harry and Ron. The trio was planning something, I knew it.

So naturally, I spied on them and they of course, had no idea. Hermione was smart, but I was better at this.

I discovered their plan and followed it closely, but never told them I knew. Or told anyone else: they were interrogating Malfoy on information about the heir of Slytherin.

The idea that he would know somwthing was to me quite rediculous and I was sure Hermione thought so too, but it seemed the boys had convinced her to at least try.

I knew when they were doing it (during Christmas holidays) and knew their exact plan. What I didn't expect when I went to go look at the potion when the guys had left however, was to find Hermione in the stall, with a cat's face.

"What the hell happened?" I asked her care- fully, she was distraught.

"It-it's nothing!" She wiped her face and hid it. "Could you please leave?"

"I know your plans. The boys are going to the Slytherin common room right now."

Hermione was speechless and stared at me. "How did you know?"

"I spy on you too y'know..."

She frowned but let it go. I hugged her tightly, knowing she needed it. "The hair was a cat's hair..."

"Yeah, I can see that..." I sighed and held her while she cried. "We'll go to Madam Pomfrey, she'll know how to fix it."

"And what do I say?"

"I'm not sure she really wants to know. She's used to pranks, I guess... just say I pulled a prank on you and it went wrong if you need to."

"No, you'll get in huge trouble!"

"That's ok, Poppy likes me now, she might try to defend me."

"You're so n-nice," Hermione suddenly muttered into my shoulder. "I haven't been that nice of a friend to you, d-digging and all... I know you know I am. And s-still, you're here, comforting me now, while we totally kept this from you. Y-you should be laughing and saying it's my own fault..."

"You're not a terrible person 'Mione, just a bit nosey at times. And hey, if anyone else is nosier, it's me. I do have to ask you to stop digging please..."

"But-"

"You really don't want to know Hermione. I know you think you do, but you don't. It's better this way..." I sighed sadly. "Harry knows and I bet he wishes he didn't every day... and I know my friends are looking too, but they shouldn't..."

Hermione sighed defeated. "I guess I owe you, for being here. You don't have to be, after all... fine, I'll stop. I'll wait for you to tell me yourself. That's fair, right?"

I nodded. It was fair, she'd find out in the end anyway, she was way too smart not to. At least now she could help me get the others off my back.

"Thanks."

Just after that, we heard the boys coming. Hermione gasped and hurried back into a stall before they came in and would see her.

Harry asked me what had happened between the two of us (Hermione and me) while they were gone, after we'd brought the poor girl to the hospital wing with the Invisibility cloak.