| Year 3 | Chapter 8: Daddy Issues vs. Furry Little Problems

Lucy's POV:

"So, who can give me another good example of a defensive spell?" When he looks around the classroom and spots me, I give Moony a thumbs-up. The class is almost over now, but I can see how easily he's drawn people in.

"We've already covered Disarming, but there's so many other great defensive spells."

"I read about this one spell," Marley responds. The entire class turns to her, wide-eyed. Marley never says anything in class except when she's asked a direct ques- tion. "I think it's called Protego. It's not exactly big, but it creates a shield around you."

"Excellent suggestion and knowledge, 10 points for Gryffindor!" Remus, or rather professor Lupin says.

All of our classmates start whispering, probably about Marley or how she earned points. I don't give a damn about the house points, but when I make eyecontact with Marley, I send her an encouraging smile.

Marley however, blushes and turns in on herself again. One of the Hufflepufs we share this class with, puts up his hand.

"Last question for today," Remus nods to the student.

"What kind of spells would I need to use if I were to cross a murderer?" The class goes dead quiet the moment the question was out there. Remus doesn't respond and I notice how uncomfortable he looks.

"You won't," I tell the boy, so everyone turns to me. "Sirius Black isn't here, is he? Besides, we're second years, we wouldn't be able to do that stuff yet."

"He could come to Hogwarts," another Huf- flepuf suggests, almost as if he wants that to happen. "Then we might."

"Breaking into Hogwarts isn't something you can just do, Samuel." Liliana speaks up this time. When our eyes meet, she smiles, she understands what I'm doing. This bell better come quickly.

"He's literally broken out of Azkaban!" Another boy I know to be Zacharias Smith interveins. "It's not supposed to be easy to break out of there either, is it?"

I suppress an annoyed sigh, but I have to say, I never liked this guy. He's annoying, whiney and a bit mean. In fact, he's commented on my looks (my scars) quite a few times and not in a nice way.

"Easy now everyone," Remus calls for peace. "I'm sure this won't happen. If you're really worried though, feel free to stop by my office any time. Or your Head of House, of course."

At that moment, the bells rings and we're off. "I can't believe some of those badgers," Ginny exclaims, not bothering to keep her voice down. "They're not even involved in this! And aren't they supposed to be the nice ones? And they could've stopped when they saw Professor Lupin's reaction!"

"That is a common misunderstanding." We all turn to find that Luna has joined us on our way to Herbology, which we share with the Ravenclaws. "Hufflepufs aren't neces- sarily nice. Thry're loyal and patient and hard workers. Not per se nice, even though a lot of them are very kind indeed."

"Right you are Luna," Marley smiles content at the blonde. "But a lot of people get that wrong. Especially Gryffindors."

"And that is a huge generalization," I smirk at Marley, who then rolls her eyes at my witty comeback. "I didn't think of them as nice for example and I'm a Gryffindor. Not to mention that you are a Gryffindor too!"

"That's different," Marley mutters. "Most of my family is in Hufflepuf. At least, the still living part of it is."

"What do you mean by that?" Vanessa frowns, her curiosity seemingly awakened. "Who died?"