Chapter 17: The Dueling Club

Lucy's POV:

Even though life was hard being a werewolf, in a world where I was already being watched 24/7, life went on and it wasn't all that bad.

Especially with my friends.

Liliana, Ginny and Vanessa had finally warmed up completely to Marley and we were all inseperable, even though Marley still didn't want to participate in our pranks.

Ginny and I had forced Vanessa to meet Luna too and they got along wonderfully.

I had earned myself quite a few new scars, some going all over my face, but hey, I guess that's normal when you're a bloody were- wolf.

Moony had those too after all.

People were still very scared of the petrifying, even though it hadn't yet hap- pened again. The most that had happened really was me getting constant detentions from Lockart and an occasional one from Minnie, Sprout or Flitwick.

Oh yeah, and Lockart accidentally conjuring up strange creatures he called 'nifflers' during our class.

It was hillarious to be honest: it was total chaos, with people either running away and being followed by them or going to pat them and these people all got rubbed from their possessions.

They also stole my stuff and that of my friends. I didn't really mind though: what do I care if I don't have a textbook right now? I'll borrow someone else's!

"How've you been Luna?" I asked the blonde when we met in the hallway. School day was over and I'd planned to spend some time with her, since she was a great friend, but I barely got to spend time with her.

She was in a different house, had other friends, didn't like pranks or Quidditch: her life was so different from mine.

But this was also was intrigued me, in a way and how she always was so pure and only herself.

"I've been wonderful, thank you Lucy."

"Shall we take a walk around the grounds? The Lake's got quite awesome view," I sug- gested hopefully. Luna nodded happily and we set off immediately.

"D'you think there's gonna be any more attacks soon?" I asked her, to keep conversation.

"Yes, I think so," she said in an absent voice. I was a bit taken aback by her honesty, but I shouldn't have expected anything else of course: this was Luna Lovegood.

"Are you worried?" She asked immediately after, looking back at me. I shrugged, be- cause I didn't know ehat to think.

"I guess I'm more scared for Vanessa and Hermione than for myself, they're the targets..."

"You're right, but you should be careful too."

"Why? What's up?"

"Well, you're Lucy Potter. If I'd want to scare all of the school, I'd try by targeting some- one everyone's watching."

I thought about this. Dobby had also warned us for the dangers, because he thought Harry and I were also in great danger.

"I mean, I s'pose you're right..." I answered doubtfully. "I just wonder, who would do such a thing? Who could be that messed up?"

"People aren't born to do bad things," Luna said, looking in the distance. "They are made that way."

"D'you mean by life?"

"By all sorts of things..."

"What's up weirdos?" I turned on my heal and I was met with the friendly smile that belonged to none other than Liliana. "Wat're you doing?"