Chapter 4: Secrets & giants

Lucy's POV:

In the doorway appeared a gigantic man, who had wild hair and an equally wild, brown beard. The Dursely's all screamed, but Harry and I remained quietly in our hiding place.

"Good day to y'all," the man said, as if this was a completely normal daily event. He put the door back in its place as if he was closing a bottle of water, while all of us were staring at the man in shocked silence.

Harry tried to slightly push me behind him, but as I felt oddly safe in the presence of this big man, I didn't budge.

The man, meanwhile, was trying to talk to Dudley, but thinking he was Harry. I found it strange that my brother was now, for the first time ever, compared to the mean, thick, fat and dumb Dudley Dursley.

"Yeh've changed a lot since las' time I saw yeh, yeh've become... big," the man said, looking oddly at Dudley's size. "Now, where's Lucy? Is she upstairs?"

'How does this man know me and Harry?' I thought, while exchanging a look with Harry.

"I'm not Harry...!" Dudley yelled at the man, somewhat glad he wasn't looking for him.

"I'm Harry..." Harry finished next to me and we both eyed the visitor warily.

The man turned to us and looked very friendly down at us, despite his size. "Harry! And then you must be Lucy, yes! Now I see. Harry, you're still just like your father, but yeh have yer mother's eyes..."

I could hear Harry gasp a little at the mention of our parents and I myself, too, felt a knot in my stomach forming.

He knew our parents...

*~*

Harry's POV:

I fell completely silent at the mention of my, no, our parents. The parents me and Lucy had never got to know.

"And Lucy... (Lucy's breath got stuck next to me) ...yeh're so much like yer mother, 'cept yer shape o' course."

This was the moment Lucy and I shared a look and I saw we both wanted to hear more and we both trusted him.

"Would you like to sit down?" Lucy asked in a kind voice. I hadn't heard her be so polite to anyone before.

The man accepted the invite thankfully, but before he could sit down, Uncle Vernon spoke up.

"No, you are leaving now! You aren't wel- come here, no matter what those two tell you!"

Lucy started heating up again, so I was about to grab her wrist just in case, when the man spoke up.

"Shove off Dursley, I'm not here for you... I'm here for them..." With that, he sat down on the unstable couch.

"Um... sorry, but who are you anyway? How d'you know our parents?" I asked politely.

"O yeah, sorry I totally forgot, I'm Rubeus Hagrid, game keeper at Hogwar's, but o'course, yeh know everything 'bout that..."

We both stayed silent, as we had both never heard of 'Hogwarts'.

"I don't think so sir-" Lucy answered him, looking as puzzled as I suspected myself to be looking.

"-sorry..." I finished the sentence and Hagrid shot up, turning to the Dursley's with a mad expression on his face that made me push Lucy behind me a little.

"DURSLEY!" he screamed and he started riotting at them loud and fast. Apparently, there was something we didn't know... it made Lucy, but this time, me as well, extremely mad.

"Harry, Lucy!-" Hagrid said, but was interrupted by Uncle Vernon.

"NO! I don't want any of this anymore! You leave this instant sir, or else, I'll call the police!"

"-You're wizards!" Hagrid screamed, definitely happy this 'little' detail was out.

"W-what?" I managed to get out, while Lucy was still speechless. "Of course not, those don't exist..." Hagrid eyed the Dursely's angrily, but didn't say anything.

"We're just Lucy and Harry... just us, you must have the wrong people in mind..." Lucy said silently.

Hagrid started laughing and snorted. "Yeh never did anythin' unexplainable? Somethin'... abnormal?"

We both swallowed loudly, sharing a look and remembering our last punishments be- cause of the accidents.  "Well..." she started to say.

"-sort of..." I finished, still a bit unsure. Hagrid eyed us proudly, probably trying to convince us.

"Then I guess you have too already, Lucy?" Hagrid asked Lucy and Lucy nervously looked down at the floor, her face reddening.

I hadn't seen Lucy shy in years. It made me think of the first few years at the Dursely's, when we were both scared of them and extremely shy to anyone who'd talk to us.

"...Did you know?" Lucy asked, making me come back to reality. Aunt Petunia snorted.

"Of course we knew. My parents were head over heels when Lily received that letter. Than she started dating that Potter guy and they got you two... Of course I knew you'd be just as... abnormal."

I was speechless and Lucy looked like she could faint, cry and scream at the same time. Hagrid was shaking with anger by now.

"Then they were stupid enough to get themself blown up and..."

"BLOWN UP?!" Lucy asked. Only anger was left in her now and even Uncle Vernon backed away a bit; Lucy could be very scary when she was angered. She was still red in the face, but now it was definitely not out of shame or emberrassment.

I was too preoccupied with anger at first to notice and even though I was usually the calmer one, I started heating up as well.

"YOU TOLD US THEY DIED IN A CAR CRASH!" I exclaimed in a voice that was surely not mine.

Hagrid wasn't angry; he was vicious.
"A CAR CRASH?!"

The Dursely's were beyond themselves with fear by now and I couldn't blame them: Hagrid looked very intimidating now that he was mad. I felt uneasy myself and I predicted Lucy to be too.

"Harry and Lucy, yeh're comin' with me to buy yer stuff for Hogwarts." Hagrid sounded kind, but his words were final. Without another word, we made our way to the door, when suddenly, Uncle Vernon stepped forward.

"No, I am NOT letting them... I will NOT pay for them to be taught some freaky tricks by an old, freaky hag of a man and I-"

"NEVER. insult. Albus. Dumbledore. On. My. Watch." Hagrid cut him off, more heated than ever.

He looked around and his eyes met Dudley, who was about to hide behind his mother. Before he could do so however, Hagrid turned to him and aimed a pink umbrella at him and a blue sparkle erupted from it.

Dudley screamed and when I turned to Dudley, I saw a pig's tale grow out of his butt.

Lucy laughed loudly and I found myself laughing as well. It felt so good to laugh like that and it felt even more amazing to hear Lucy laugh like that for once.

"I think we should go," Hagrid said sternly, but he smiled, seeing me and Lucy laughing so hard.

_____________________________________________

A/N:  I'm aware it has more Harry POV than Lucy's, but I just thought it was a good moment to switch and I still had much to add to the chapter, so I'm leaving it like this.

Hope you liked it!

Like, comment, vote etc.

Love you all!