Chapter 8: Different ways

Lucy's POV:

"NO way!" I exclaimed alarmed. "I'm not doing that! We'll get expelled!"

The boys looked at me totally surprised. "Since when do you care about breaking the rules?" Ron asked perplexed.

"I don't, but you do realise this is my first year, do you?!" I retorted heated. "I could get expelled on my first day! Not to mention, I'll already cause too much trouble for Hogwarts as it is!"

"Yeah, because you cause trouble every- where you go," Harry said calmly. "Just like I do. I didn't expelled, did I?"

I couldn't believe him. He was really this thick? How could he forget how easy it was for him?

"It's different for you," I hissed, because now I was mad. "You won't just get expelled, because of who you are. You were bound to get that letter from the start!"

"It's not as if you weren't!" Ron defended Harry. I get it, he was just being a good friend, but he had no idea what this was about.

This was about my secret. My 'furry little problem'.

"You have no idea what you're talking about Ron," I said in a normal way. As normal as I could master, really.

"I-" he stopped himself and sighed frustrated.

"Look, we have to choose now," Harry inter- rupted the awkwardness. "Ron, I'm coming by car with you. It's our best shot!"

He turned to me hopefully. "You coming?" I shook my head decisively. "No, get lost."

With that, Ron and Harry left and went for the car and I stayed behind.

When I turned around in a frustrated move, I swear I saw a small thing disappear.

What was that?

I looked again, but it was gone, just like that time... oh my God.

Just like with Dobby.

When I thought about it later, I would always remember clearly how I did recog- nise the small, sneaky elf disapperating that day.

But for now, I didn't have much time to think about it, because suddenly, people started going through the wall, back from the platform.

When I saw Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, I ran towards them instantly.

"Lucy dear, where were you?" Mrs. Weasley asked stressed.

"We couldn't get through!" I exclaimed. "The wall, it just... wouldn't let us!"

"Where are Ron and Harry?" Mr. Weasley asked and I gulped. Should I tell them?

"Er... well, they er..." I sighed, prepairing for the worst. "I'm sorry, but they-left-with-the- car!"

The Weasleys gasped indignantly. "Ronald Weasley! I can't believe him!" Mrs. Weasley started angrily, but I noticed the worry in her voice as well.

"I didn't go with them, because I didn't want to cause the trouble!" I said miserably. I felt like I'd betrayed them in a way. "But they'll be fine, right?"

The Weasleys looked very worried, which couldn't be good. "We have to get you to Hogwarts first now, Lucy." Mr. Weasley said thoughtfully. "I'll send an owl to Dumble- dore and we'll get you there with floo powder."

I'd heard all about the floo powder incident with Harry, so I was a bit nervous, but I'd handle it, I knew I could.

"Hogwarts, Dumbledore's office!" I said clearly, before throwing down the powder and transporting somewhere else through the fire place.