Chapter 10: Friends make life better

Lucy's POV:

The idea of the prank had begun and we were still fully brainstorming on what to do.

I was still excited about it, but the full moon also wasn't far away. And I couldn't be more nervous right now.

What were the arrangements?

I obviously didn't talk to anyone about this, I mean I couldn't talk to my friends. Harry would worry too much and Remus was busy trying to get a job.

I couldn't talk about it. To anyone.

The stress and I guess also the full moon itself, were influencing my magic. Such, that Minnie had asked me if I was okay and needed to talk, in the middle of class!

The girls were very serious about the outbursts of magic and knew something was going on.

But I just didn't answer their questions. By avoiding them, just for now, until after full moon.

For now.

I just walked around school, often seeing Hermione by the library, Fred and George just roaming around too, Luna reading that funny but awesome megazine, Hagrid doing his rounds.

And one day, Myrtle in the toilets. I would try to avoid that one from now on.

I spent my time mistly by reading, roaming around, talking to Harry, sometimes to the girls or Marley and, I found, to Luna.

I was just sitting in a corridor during day time, minding my own business: reading and listening to music I'd borrowed from Vanessa.

It was 'Waterloo' by ABBA, an amazing Muggle band.

I was humming to the beat, when suddenly, someone came up to me and roughly pulled off my headphones.

"What're you up to, Weasel?" A snobbish boy with blond hair, grey-blue eyes sneered. "Reading into that Muggle filth?!"

I stood up defensively. I wasn't gonna let this arrogent toerag walk all over me like this. "At least I do it with music. I see you only went there 'cause you were such hopeless case when it came to your looks."

I gestured to his hair, which I had noticed, was completely covered in gell. Must be half a bottle at least. "I mean, that's also 'muggle filth' as you call it, yet you seem to need  pretty much. And a lot of it."

The boy went red instantly and his sneer turned into fury. I smirked and his friends, who were standing beside him, looked torn on what to do.

Except one girl, who gasped indignantly and dramatically, like I'd said it to her. "How dare you, filthy blood traitor!"

"Leave it Pansy," the boy said with a newfound sneer to me. "Rich coming from you, Weasley! I've never found someone as disgusting as you..."

He looked at the scars on my arms and legs. I felt the pang of hurt at this, because I knew he was right. I was ugly, with those scars.

"Well played, except... I am not a Weasley, gell kiddo."

The boy frowned and so did the others.

"Yes you are," the girl scowled. "Red hair, ugly, very cheap clothes... that's always a Weasley."

Two big guys who looked extremely dumb but dangerous because of their size, laughed dryly and the blonde smirked evily.

"Well wrong. I'm not. Look closer losers."

"If you're not a Weasley," another Slytherin boy who was there asked. "Who are you then?"

"Leave her alone Malfoy," a voice came from behind me. Harry. Malfoy glared at him. "What's it to you Potter? None of your business this is, right guys?"