Chapter 9: First day's always the hardest

Lucy's POV:

When I arrived at the portrait which should be the entrance to the Gryffindor Common Room, the lady in it asked me for a password.

"Oh... er... well, I didn't catch it," I stum- bled. "I had to go to Professor McGonnagall. You can ask her, but..."

The lady sighed at me. "So who are you, sweetie?"

"Lucy. Lucy Potter."

The woman gasped. "Merlin! You're just like your mother, Lily! She was also a Gryffin- dor, y'know."

"That's great. Could you please just... let me in?"

Then the portrait opened and out stepped Hermione. "Oh hi, Lucy!" She smiled at me, but a bit alarmed. "Why aren't you coming in?"

"Well, I didn't catch the password..." I chuckled lightly at her realising face.

"Right! I'm sorry, I forgot! It's pig snout. You should go in, Harry's looking for you..."

I sighed in annoyance. Of course he was. Was he really gonna continue the argument right there, in the Common Room?

I entered anyways, while Hermione left to take a walk.

"Lucy! Come on, you have to see the dorms!" Vanessa instantly took my arm and dragged me to one flight of stairs.

"Calm down! Let the girl breathe and look around silly," Liliana chuckled and came over. "I have to say though, they're great. We share one. With Ginny, this crazy one here and one more girl, I think..."

"Thanks, I'd love to see!" I grinned at the thought of sharing a dorm with Ginny, Van- essa and Liliana. She was really cool, I had already found.

"Lucy, wait!" Oh no, there he was. I turned around to face my brother and his best friend with dread.

"Are you OK? 'Mione said you had to see McGonnagall."

"Fine. She just needed to arrange some... things." Harry first frowned, but then realised.

"Look, Lu, I'm really sorry. I was being... a prick."

"Yeah no, we were," Ron added quickly and I smiled at him. He had no idea what it had even been about.

"Look I know how you feel about all this. And I should've understood at that moment."

"Yeah, you should," I said flatly. "But it's OK, we were a bit stressed and distracted, I get it."

I turned to Ron. "And you couldn't have known. Or understood. You were just being his friend, which I admire. I wasn't angry with you anyway."

Ron sighed in relief and Harry hugged me. "Thanks Lu."

"Where's Hermione?" Ron asked suddenly. "I saw she left, but where'd she go?"

"She went for a walk, I think," I said. "I saw her when I tried to get in here without password."

"How- wait, she told me she was gonna go to the library. Check something..."

I frowned, but shrugged it off for now. "Maybe both. I'm going upstairs, or Vanessa might just snap."

With that, I went upstairs. The first floor up was first year dorms. There were four dorms. One had my name on it.

I went inside and they were right: the dorm magnificent and huge: the room was circul- ar, with four big windows, five four-post beds. Each bed also had a bedside table, a drawer and a closet. At the end of the bed stood the trunks.

One I recognised, was mine, so I went over. I smiled happily when I saw I slept next to a window. I loved that.

Another door opened and Vanessa walked out, already in pyjamas. "That's bathroom," she clearified.