Chapter 14: Quidditch Disasters

Lucy's POV:

The first three days after that fight, I spent only with Luna, Marley and Harry's clique. I did so for various reasons:

For one, I hadn't spoken to Luna or Marley a lot lately and wanted to catch up with them.

Two, I felt very guilty about how my friends acted towards Marley and wanted to make it up to her and show her I hated what they did.

Three, I needed to keep an eye on Her- mione, so she wouldn't find out about me. I mean, Harry could try keep her off, but we both know I'm the master of secrets. If anyone was to keep Hermione Granger from finding out, it was me.

Hangning out with Harry also meant seeing more of his classmates, in this case Dean Thomas, Seamus Finnigan and Neville Longbottom.

Dean was Muggleborn, which meant he understood the Muggle world, unlike others and I had some very good conversations with him. He was also anything but judgy and really kind.

Neville was the sweetest boy I'd ever met in my whole life. He was very insecure though and also pretty shy, but the kindest and trustworthy person yet.

While I didn't really know Seamus too well yet, I could tell that though he was a bit prejudiced at times, unlike Dean, and not as sweet as Neville, he was definitely loyalty itself. He was also someone who could believe in you, especially when you didn't.

In short, I really liked them all and we became good friends.

Nevertheless, I couldn't escape the bored and lonely feeling of not being around Ginny, Vanessa and Liliana and people noticed.

"What even happened between you girls?" Harry asked one afternoon in the common room.

"I got angry at them for being mean to Marley," I responded flatly. "But they wouldn't understand. They just... judge her."

Harry made an understanding noice and sat down closer to me. "You're scared they won't accept you if they find out?"

I scowled and looked to him. "That's not at all what this is! I'm just saying-"

"Lucy..."

I stopped, knowing he was right: without knowing it, I'd distanced myself out of fear of being abandoned.

"So what do I do?" I said dreadfully after a while, looking back at Harry.

"Talk to them."

"I'm not telling them!"

"That's not what I mean... talk about the judging. It doesn't have to be suspiscious."

So in the end, the next day I did go and talk to them.

"Why were you even angry?" Liliana asked. "What did we do to you?"

"You still don't get it do you?" Vanessa scoffed at her and turned to me. "We were being bullies. Or well, sort of..."

"We were?!" Ginny sat up straight. She'd been absorbed by her diary a moment before, but was paying full attention now.

"It sure felt like it," I confirmed. "You were pretty stupid."

"You're right," Vanessa sighed and put her head in the palms of her hands in despair. "I should've seen... I'm so sorry..."

"You don't have to tell me that!" I scowled at her. "Tell that to Marley, she deserves an apology."

"You do too, especially from me," Vanessa said, looking me straight in the eye with pure sincerity.

"Where is Marley?" Ginny asked finally, standing up. "Let's do it now."