Chapter 12: Go on!

Lucy's POV:

I stared at the healer wide-eyed and Harry probably did so too.

"I'm a what?" I sounded much weaker than I wanted to sound and the healer and Professor McGonnagall looked at me with pity.

"N-no..." Harry fell back in his seat, staring in the distance, clearly in shock.

My stomach dropped and I felt slightly light-headed. A werewolf?

This couldn't be good.

"There is a lot of prejudice against them. People fear them and discriminate against them quite a lot..." Professor McGonnagall informed, looking extremely sad. "Were- wolfs are pronounced to be very bad and dangerous and that's why people normally stay far away from them."

"The ministry has to know about all of them, but we don't think that's a good idea, seeing your past and fame," the healer continued. "Werewolfs hardly ever find work or friends in this world."

I felt my hands shaking and my eyes sting. How was Hogwarts ever gonna be possible anymore?

"So... can you do something about that or not?" I feared I already knew the answer, given my luck.

"No, we can't," the healer said sadly. "I'm sorry."

McGonnagall took out a tissue and dipped her eyes, regaining posture.

"Now dear, I will obliviate the healer, so she won't remember, 'cause you don't want people knowing this. By any chance." I nodded, but stayed silent.

"Do you want me to do the same for your brother? The Weasleys have been obliviated already."

I looked at him and he looked at me sadly. Looking him so deep in his eyes, I knew I couldn't let my brother, my only family, my best friend, a boy who always tried to be strong for me, through everything, but was actually broken, being ripped of his memories.

Even if I was supposed to.

"I get it if you want to, Luce, but please... I want to help you." He had tears in his eyes and I felt tears rolling down my face too.

"I won't. Don't. He's my brother. I need him..." now Harry was silently crying too.

"What do we do now?" I asked, looking straight at the professor. "I mean, do I go back and just live my life like always except for when there's full moon?"

"I'm afraid it's not that easy," she answered. "You will need to drink a potion to stop you from loosing control and your mind during full moons a week before it comes. It'll weaken you gravely and the day before your transformation is gonna be spent in bed."

"What? No I can't-"

"You will have no choice. Only getting out of bed will already cost you all your energy."

I glanced at Harry and he seemed to realise the same thing as I did. The Dursleys. They didn't even know where I was.

"C-can I talk to Harry alone for a moment please?"

And without another word, Professor McGonnagall and the healer left.

I turned to Harry fully.

"What do we do about... you know..."

"The Dursleys," Harry stared in the distance. "I have no idea Luce."

"They will never let me stay in bed for a day."

Harry sighed. "I know they won't, but we can't tell them either."

We were both silent, while time went by, just sitting there, in one another's company.