Chapter 6: The truth

Lucy's POV:

When we'd left the shop and went walking around, Hagrid noticed Harry and I were very quiet.

"What're ye two thinkin' about?" He asked.

Harry and I shared a look and Harry sighed, so I decided to speak.

"What are Hufflepuf and Slytherin?" Hagrid was surprised, to say the least.

"They're Hogwarts houses. There are four of 'em and all represent a particular kind o' person, why?"

"We met this boy, who was talking about how bad Hufflepuf is," Harry said.

"He was pretty rude... a bit like Dudley, but smaller and of course, a wizard." Harry agreed with me.

"According to him, Hufflepuf was just for nutters," Harry continued. "I bet I'll be in it."

I scoffed and Hagrid got a dark look on his face.

"Hufflepuf's always better than Slytherin," he said, still wearing the dark look. "All o' the people that went bad come from Slytherin."

I frowned and looked at Harry, who seemed to take Hagrid's word for it. Isn't that a little prejudiced?

Before I could comment, however, we were standing in front of a shop called 'Ollivander's' and I got too excited to think about what Hagrid said any more.

Inside, it was dark, because there were no windows and only one faint light. At first, I thought the owner wasn't even there, but suddenly, an old-looking, odd man stood before us, wearing a strange expression.

'And people say I'm odd' I thought to myself, but I actually really liked the man's originality.

"Ah, Harry and Lucy Potter, I thought I'd see you this year," he began. "I remember exactly what kind of wands your parents had..."

He started mentioning the wands, but I was more interested in the wands piled up to the ceiling.

"Now Mr. Potter, shall we begin?" He said, motioning Harry forward. "Which one is your wand arm?"

I was confused. Wand arm? What is that?

Harry didn't seem to know either, but said he was right-handed and chose his right arm. Mr. Ollivander started measuring again, much like the lady at Madam Malkin's had.

After the measurements were done, he started handing Harry wands and every time, something broke, caught fire and fell out of its place.

Harry and I were shocked, but Ollivander seemed to enjoy everything he did.

Eventually, after many destructions, Harry had the right wand, but Ollivander acted very weird about it, saying it was "odd"

"What's so odd about it, Sir?" Harry asked.

"Well, I know every wand I ever sold... and this wand has a phoenix feather from a phoenix that has only given one other feather. It is indeed odd that the wand with the other feather is also the one to have given you that scar..."

Harry and I shared confused looks and I brgan to feel uneasy. Luckily, Hagrid must've felt it too, because he told Harry to pay and we left the shop.

~*~

Harry's POV:

I was still a bit upset after the visit at Ollivander's and Lucy was quieter than usual as well.

"Hagrid... what was Mr. Ollivander talking about back there?" I finally asked.

I thought back to the people at the pub and how they all seemed  to know us... as if we were famous... we had been so busy with Diagon Alley that we'd stopped thinking about the pub incident.