Chapter 13: Live with it

Remus' POV:

I was just having quite a normal day, still recovering from some of the scars of last full moon, reading the Daily Prophet.

I sighed at some of the bad news, like the mystery around the break-in in Gringotts, which was all over the papers.

I was thinking of all the great time I had with Sirius, Peter and James.

Now, ten years later, one of them was in Azkaban for the murder of the other and the betrayal, which caused the murder of the other.

And then there was me, I was left with all of it, completely alone and broken, if I was being honest.

Sure, I sometimes got into contact with Minnie or Professor Dumbledore, but I mainly was lonely.

I tried to find jobs in the Muggle world, most involving silly office-jobs I didn't want to have.

I needed a way out, no matter how.

If it was someone to care for, or someone to talk to, to rely on, to confide in.

Someone who'd understand.

Suddenly, I heard an odd sound in the kitchen. I went there and saw an owl ticking its beak on the window impatiently, carrying a letter.

I frowned. I wasn't writing to anyone currently and people were way too busy with their own jobs to start contacting me spontaneously.

I opened the window and took the letter, noticing it was Minnie's owl and her handwriting on the address.

I opened it greadily, but with some nerves too. Why was she writing to me?

When I read it, I started feeling sick to the stomach. No.

It couldn't be...

I suddenly realised my knees had given in and I was on the ground, letter clutched in one hand, other over my mouth. I was breathing heavily, shocked.

"Not those Potters again..." the fact that I was still able to make a sort of sassy remark, would have made me and the rest smirk any day, but now, I was too devestated.

Something had happened to Lucy Lily Potter. James and Lily's yougest child. She'd been attacked by a werewolf.

And she got bitten. During a full moon.

This meant Lucy Potter would become a werewolf too, at the age of 10.

Flashbacks came back to me from when I got bitten, a little younger than Lucy was now.

And suddenly, something came to my mind.

Where was I last full moon? Can I remember everyting from the night?

I thought I could. I knew I could, almost with 100% certainty immediately.

It just still haunted me each time someone got turned, even when I knew there was one other werewolf who was still on the mission to kill and turn any wizard he could get.

Fenrir Greyback.

I read the rest of the letter. Minnie asked whether I would want to help her and the Potter kids through, given my experience.

I took out a feather and parchment and started writing.

Of course I would, they were my best friends' children and they needed me.

*~*

Lucy's POV:

While Professor McGonnagall left to go back to Hogwarts, Harry stayed for the night and no one seemed to have the energy to try to talk him out of it.