| year 3 | Chapter 1: Family is everything

Liliana's POV:

It was finally summer and I honestly couldn't wait to celebrate that with Lucy, Ginny and Vanessa. Summer was my favourite time of year, for many reasons.

That, and I was also ecstatic to see my parents again. Don't get me wrong, I loved Hogwarts and being away wasn't as hard as I'd expected, but I couldn't deny that I'd missed my family.

"So honey, what do you wanna do for now?" Mom asked me as soon as we got home and I'd settled my trunk. That was my mom: always in for games, chatting, story telling and free to take care of you at any time.

"Why don't you tell us about your year first?" Dad chimed in, getting us drinks and sitting down at the table in the living room.

Let's say my family wasn't the typical wiz- arding family: both my mom and dad had fulltime jobs at the Ministry, my dad was an Auror and my mom worked worked in the Improper Use of Magic office.

When I was younger and not at Hogwarts yet, I used to spend a lot of time with the Tonks'. This worked fine and I was always allowed to go visit Mom and Dad for an hour or two if I wanted, because they had a lot of friends and good connections at work.

I told my parents about my time at Hogwarts and could even show them a few of the pictures Lucy had taken with her camera. We'd split all the photos we were all in among our group, so we all had some.

"You should hang those in your room," Mom said, a huge smile on her face as she looked at one photo with me, Vanessa, Lucy, Ginny and Marley. "I didn't see that girl on the platform though," Dad said, pointing at Marley.

"Oh yeah, that's Marley," I answered. "We share a dorm with her and she's a friend too. But she hangs out more with some Hufflepufs and Luna. She's not into pranks."

Mom and dad laughed as I showed some more pictures, with other people. I introduced them to Luna, Neville, Dean and Seamus and to Fred and George. "They also prank a lot. They're Ginny's older brothers."

"I'm going to start cooking," mom said and she went into the kitchen. "Dad, did you know Lucy's parents well?" I didn't mean to ask it like that, but it was done before I could stop myself.

"Well, I knew them because they were in my year. And let's say they were... quite a group." He laughed to himself, losing himself in nostalgia. "And I was in a study group with Lily. We were pretty good friends after a few years. And then we all joined the war and we grew even closer."

"So they were the perfect couple in school?"

He laughed again, shaking his head. "No, no relationship is perfect, Liliana. But once they got together, they were very good together."

"Lucy and Harry barely know anything about them y'know?" I said after a while. "They got a photo album from Hagrid last year, but before that, they had no idea what they even looked like."

I couldn't imagine not knowing a single thing about my parents, growing up. I loved my family so much and I knew I would miss them very much if they died. But they'd never even known their parents, always lived at their aunt and uncle's house.

"Could I maybe invite my friends over for a sleep over some time Dad?" I knew that wouldn't be a problem before I even asked. My parents loved meeting people I liked. Dad nodded and we chatted some more, now more about work at the Ministry.

*~*

Lucy's POV:

The car ride home was already tense. I got pretty nervous when we neared the house. I knew Uncle Vernon wanted a reason to beat us up and of course there was one. Even if it wouldn't have been there, he'd have found a reason.