Chapter 11: The try-outs

Vanessa's POV:

The rest of that evening, Lucy and I chatted, played games and listened to the music from my record player.

It was a very suiting thing for the both of us, we found and we agreed to do this more often, maybe with Ginny and Lili.

When Ginny and Lili got back from detention and heard Lucy had skipped hers, Ginny was estatic.

"No way!" She cried out with a grin. "Lucy Potter! Skipping without us? We could've joined you!"

Lili looked skeptical. "I wouldn't have skip- ped Lockart, I mean he's awesome, but I would have loved skipping Snape's deten- tion. I don't think I have ever felt this filthy."

Ginny and Liliana started complaining about their detentions. Apparently, Lili had to clean the cauldrons without magic.

Seriously, if we have magic, why not use it?

Ginny had to clean the supply clauset, which was even dirtier than the classrooms, because no one ever cleaned it, except in a few detentions.

"Makes me wonder what your detention would have been Lu," I said, turning to her.

"Probably clean his posters of himself or something like that," she said flatly and Ginny and I laughed.

Next day in Lockart's class, Lucy was called upon by the idiotic teacher. "Lucy! I didn't see you in my office yesterday, couldn't you find it? I should've known, I'd have shown before!"

"Oh, I know where your office is professor," Lucy interrupted him. "I just didn't go."

The entire class gaped at her cheek and a few guys chuckled or whistled. Lockart looked a bit emberrassed. It was definitely a good look on him.

"Well, you will have to do it tonight then!" He said after he'd gathered himself again.

"But professor, I just said I-"

"In my office, after dinner!"

Lucy scoffed and sat back in her chair, acting up and not paying attention at all for the rest of it.

"Skipping again?" Ginny whispered to her eventually.

"You bet."

In Potions we had to make pairs of two, but Gryffindor with a Slytherin. I sighed, 'cause I had just went and paired up with Lucy.

Ginny went to sit next to a boy whose name I still didn't know, but they both seemed very unhappy, even though I had to admit the boy was pretty good-looking.

Lucy wasn't really lucky either: she got paired with Astoria Greengrass, a girl who was a pureblood, one of the 'sacred twenty-eight' even. But Lucy seemed to try and make the best of it and so did she.

Lili had to work with one of Astoria's good friends, also a pureblood witch and a total bully as well. Her name was Nancy Monta- gue.

I on the other hand got a boy called Peter Parkinson as a pair. (NOT PARKER!) He was literally the biggest flirt in our year and he kept throwing me winks and flrty smirks.

Snape seemed to encourage him in various ways, all very subtle, but it certainly worked encouraging.

He was good at Potions though, because we got an almost perfect potion, even if he got distracted all the time and I got annoyed with him a lot.

After class, Lucy couldn't stop laughing at his antics, apparently having heard and seen it all.

"I am 11 for God's sake!" I exclaimed disgusted. "Like, please leave me alone dude!"