Chapter 20: Happy Valentine

Lucy's POV:

While Marley was quite excited for the day, which was February 14th (Valentine's Day), Liliana and I were eager to avoid all the romance.

"Please, we're 11!" Liliana said to me. "I'd die from embarrassment if I got anything. Plus, if my dad ever found out, I won't ever hear the end of it!"

"Should we play a prank today?" I asked the girls. "It's already chaotic with all the dwarfs. If we do even more, classes will be so fun!"

"Not you and your pranks again!" Marley groaned. "This day would be so amazing if you wouldn't ruin it!"

"You don't have to be involved y'know," Lili- ana said pointedly.

"Fine! I'll just go to my friends who are actually nice." With that, Marley went over to some Hufflepuf 1st years.

"Can't we do another day?" Ginny asked carefully. "Chaos is already here! If we do another day, it will actually be the only cause of chaos."

"You!" We all turned around at the high- pitched voice in absolute dread: a dwarf, handing out roses and love letters.

The dwarf looked directly at Liliana, whose eyes went wide like tennis balls. "Please help," she whispered.

"I have a rose for you!" The dwarf said and he came up to us and bowed while handing over the rose. Liliana quickly took it and tried to run, but the dwarf wasn't done.

"I also have the name of your secret admirer!" The dwarf called and came and ran after us, while a crowd was now watching.

"Yes, secret! We should keep it that way right?" Liliana tried, but the dwarf went on. "Your admirer is... Lee Jordan!"

I couldn't help but start laughing at this: Lee Jordan was a fourth year Gryffindor! He was great friends with Fred and George and had probably sent multiple girls roses as to create a potential scene.

Liliana went very red and stormed off to our next class, while everyone was laughing except a few jealous girls and boys.

"Let's go," Vanessa muttered and Ginny, Vanessa and I set off to find Liliana.

"This day better not be like this completely!" Vanessa said while sitting down next to Liliana.

"You're telling me that?!" Liliana burried her head in her hands when the class started filling up with students. It was a Trans- figuration class, with the Hufflepufs.

Worse was, that the dwarfs even came into classrooms and interrupted professors in order to deliver roses and letters and chocolates.

During Potions with Ravenclaw, twice did a dwarf come in: once for Astoria Greengrass, a pretty, pureblood and quite nice Slytherin. The second sadly, was for me.

"Can I please just die?" I whispered while everyone whispered, stared at me, laughed or looked disgusted, because of my scars.

It was a letter and I'm sure it was meant to be sweet, but in Snape's class, it was just embarrassing.

It also involved things about my scars, like this person tried saying something nice, but it just wasn't really possible and it backfired.

Other than that, was the parts about my fame. As if I even wanted the fame! Slyther- ins and Gryffindors alike were snickering.

I'd better go and live in America or some- thing.

The girls were all sympathetic and felt bad for me, so when I skipped next period, they backed me up like the loyal friends they were.