| Year 3 | Chapter 4: Summertime (Sadness)

Lucy's POV:

The rest of the summer, we will stay at the Leaky Cauldron, or so I have gathered. I might have preferred the Burrow, since disappearing off for the full moon would be way easier there, but everything is better than the Dursleys.

Besides, Diagon Alley, which of course, is connected to the Leaky Cauldron, is so much fun. I plan to just roam around there with my friends. Or at least, those who stay here too. It will be so much fun, the shops there are so nice. The only thing they don't seem to have is a joke shop for us to find good ideas and material for pranks.

"We can still go to the ice cream parlour though," Liliana says cheerfully. "Or any other shop in Diagon Alley really! C'mon, it'll be fun!" She practically drags us out, especially Ginny, who doesn't seem to really feel like going out.

I feel like we should just try, especially for Ginny. She's going through a hard time lately and we all know it. I think we've all tried talking to her and she knows we're always open for it, but maybe the thing she really needs is a distraction. And that's why we're here now.

I have seen Ron eye us and the Weasley twins in suspision, which was hillarious. He doesn't need to know we're not going for pranks... yet. Fred and George however, disappeared off immediately and would not let anyone come with them.

"We are just going about our business," Fred said, very innocent. "No need to be so nosey!"

So we're at the ice cream parlour, called 'Florian Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour'. The different kinds of ice cream are all delicious, as Liliana tells me, so I just choose quite randomly and decide to try others later. We're staying here the whole remainder of the summer after all.

"Could we go to that pet shop as well?" Van- essa asks, pretty out of the blue. Liliana turns to her in surprise and raises her brows. "You like pets? I didn't know that!"

I didn't really know that either, though I did have a feeling. I've seen her watching me going around with Hedwig. And honestly? Vanessa is definitely someone I can see being an animal lover.

"What kind of pet do you want?" I ask her curiously. I would think she's the kind of person who loves cats and dogs both, but does that mean she'll get a cat?

"Oh I don't know if I'll get one, just curious."

And so, we also go to the pet shop in Diagon Alley that day. It's already really busy, and we haven't even had our Hogwarts letters with a list of books and equipment yet.

"Look, Marley's here!" I point to our blonde friend across the street. Despite the rough start the girls had with our room mate, this was all history now. Liliana and I literally tackle her in a massive hug from behind.

Marley shrieks, because she hadn't noticed us yet. "You guys! You will give me a heart attack one day, I swear!" I laugh as Ginny hugs her too, though still not as animatedly as she usually would.

"How's your holiday going Marley?" Liliana asks her, also eyeing Ginny for a short moment. Marley luckily doesn't notice, or doesn't let on that she does and just answers the question. "It's great! We've been on a trip to Spain!"

"Marlene, we have to get going sweetheart!" Marley's mother comes to stand beside her daughter and turns to us. "Oh how lovely! Are these girls friends of yours? Amos, come meet these three!"

A man (I assume Amos Diggory) walks back to us immediately, followed by Cedric Diggory, Marley's brother.

"Oh my gosh," Ginny whispers in my ear. "He's gotten even hotter. How's that even possible?!" I chuckle at her, but I have to agree: Cedric Diggory was always a view and that certainly has not changed over the summer.