Chapter 3: A Letter to a Potter

Lucy's POV:

The manager of the zoo apologized like a 100 times, but of course, Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia knew all too well it wasn't the zoo's fault: we had made the glass disappear and reappear after, trapping Pierce and Dudley.

They were out now and while they were in an office with the manager, with our aunt and uncle, Harry and I were waiting outside.

Up to now, we had remained silent.
"Which of us did it?" I asked him nervously.
He shrugged and looked up at me. "No idea, I guess we did it together..." he sighed and without warning, he stood up and kicked the wall out of frustration.

"It's not your fault Harry," I tried calming him. "Besides, you shouldn't be angry because of me, I can take care of myself too and you know that."

Harry looked at me, clearly feeling defeated. "I just wish I could've stopped it, I'm supposed to be your big brother..." he sat back down, staring at the wall opposite us absentmindedly.

"I should be the one taking care of you, but instead, you are usually the mature one."

I grab both of his shoulders, forcing him to look me in the eyes.

"You are the best big brother I could wish for," I tell him. "And I think, as I'm only 1 year younger than you are, that we should look after each other, you need that just as much as I do..." Harry smiles at me and I can tell he knows I'm right. "And I am definitely NOT the maturer one."

Harry grinned. "And you're the best little sister I could wish for." We sit there in silence for a couple of minutes, because there is no need to say anything else.

Aunt Petunia, Uncle Vernon, Pierce and Dudley came out of the office. Uncle Vernon took me and Harry by our collars and dragged us with them to the car.

After we had brought Pierce home, explaining what happened (except the cause of course), we went home and the moment we entered the house, Uncle Vernon pushed us hard against the wall and punched Harry.

"YOU ARE TO STAY IN YOUR CUPBOARD UNTIL AFTER THE MAY HOLIDAYS! AND NO SNEAKING OUT!!!" Then he punched me.

I could taste blood in my mouth, indicating my lip had given in. Harry immediately opened the cupboard and shoved and me and himself in.

"We didn't mean to, it just happened, it was like magic-" I tried, but I got cut off.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS MAGIC, YOU SCUM!" With that, Uncle Vernin placed the key in the lock and locked our cupboard, not knowing how easily we could break it.

I turned to Harry, as he looked at me, checking if I'm badly hurt and I do the same for him. Harry had a blue eye, already turning black and his glasses were broken once again.

"We'll need to grab some tape and ice too when we sneak out for food," I say quietly, sitting down.

~*~

Uncle Vernon wasn't kidding: we really were trapped in our cupboard for months, only allowed to exit twice a day for food and the bathroom. Luckily, we were now skilled lockbreakers, so we could leave at night as well, sneaking in food and even some abbandoned carts to play games with.

When our punishment was over, the summer holidays had started.

Harry and I often escaped the house to go outside, hanging around somewhere. This is how we escaped Dudley, who had received his uniform and a god damn STICK for school, with which he tried to punch us all the time. 

Then one morning (in fact, it was a week until Harry's 11th birthday) we had breakfast together: Harry, Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, Dudley and I. There came a sound from the hallway.