| Year 3 | Chapter 11: Panic Room

Lucy's POV:

"ARE YOU INSANE?!" I don't care to greet Snape, or be patient and polite to him. He really does not deserve my respect, if he's going to play it like this. "WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT HERE?! YOU KNOW YOU'RE NOT JUST OUTING HIM HERE, ARE YOU? WHICH IS ALREADY DISGUSTING ENOUGH!"

"Potter, care to calm down?"

"Maybe, if you start maturing a little bit." I'm fuming, my face must be as red as my hair right now. "Whatever you're doing, stop it, now. I would like to be able to finish school here!"

"I am quite certain that can be arranged and you will be fine," Snape answers, a finalizing note to his voice. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have work to do."

"And you think I care?!" I swear, this man is driving me insane. "You just probably spil- led my deepest secret to my brother's best friend! You're deliberately messing with my life and bringing it in jeopardy. And you expect me to care one bit about work you have to do?!"

"That's enough Lucy," the stern and deman- ding voice of none other than Minnie calls. "Now, if you could leave us alone, Miss Potter, and let me handle the situation, I'll speak to you later."

I want nothing more than to disobey. I'm no sucker for rules, everyone who knows me knows that. But her call has made me come back to my senses and maybe, just maybe, it might be better if someone calmer did this.

"Right. See you later Minnie." I decide to just fully ignore Snape, both for my sake and his. I don't want to lash out like that again. I don't want the monster in me to come out like that again.

Of course I should have expected Harry to be there. I can already see in his eyes that he's heard me screaming at him. I know he's witnessed the dark part of me now and I just have to look away.

"Lu..."

"Please, just leave me alone Harry." I push past him and storm to the Common Room. He follows me down the halls

"Is something wrong Lu?" I hadn't expected anyone to be in there. Just my luck that all of them are here: Liliana, Ginny and Vanessa are all sitting on Liliana's bed.

"What're you guys doing here?"

"Just talking," Ginny answers. "What happened with you? Weren't you going to Minnie?"

"You look a bit shaken Lu," Vanessa com- ments. "So tell us, what happened? Was one of those Malfoy goonies being annoying or something?"

"Do we need to kick anyone's asses?" Ginny sounds almost hopeful to do that. I grin at her, but shake my head.

"Better not. Something happened during Harry's DADA class, it's nothing."

"But I thought you loved Professor Lupin," Liliana sits up straighter in anticipation. "Did he do something?"

"What? No, Lupin was ill. Snape taught the class," I wave her off. "But he taught them about werewolves..."

"What did that bastard do?!" The girls are immediately on their feet. Ginny and Liliana are fuming, even before I've explained anything.

"And I went to his office and I lashed out at him."

"Good thing you did!" Liliana agrees, sounding rather aggressive. "He deserved it!"

"Agreed!" Ginny says.

"No, I shouldn't have done that!" I sit down on the bed, tucking my feet under me. "It was pretty bad actually. I just felt so... angry. It was like the monster in me, it just... came out. In broad daylight and it doesn't make sense, at all."