Chspter 21: Without that one friend

Lucy's POV:

No please say I am wrong.

Say I'm terribly wrong.

Ron and Harry shared a look at Minnie calling them to come with her.

"I was right here, I can't have-" Harry said, but he stopped talking after he saw the look on the Minnie's face.

Turnes out I really was right.

"This will be a bit of a shock..."

They were too oblivious to understand and just followed her. I followed them too, I needed to know for sure.

"Oh Miss Potter, you might want to see this too."

The boys looked at me weirdly.

"What's going on Professor?" Harry asked, frowning. Ron looked at me, silently asking me the same question.

"You'll see," Minnie replied in a sad tone, hurrying towards the Hospital Wing.

"Do you know?" Ron asked me, making Harry turn to me too. I swallow hard, not wanting to hit them with this when I don't even know for sure.

"I've got a feeling, yes."

"Well, tell us then!" Ron ushered. Harry looked worried at my facial expression. He really knows me too well.

"Have you seen Hermione yet?" I asked them carefully. Minnie looked over her shoulder at me. That look was enough confirmation for me.

"No, she said she needed to go to the library," Ron said, still as oblivious as ever. "Why? Just tell us what it is!"

Lucky for me, this was when we arrived at the Hospital Wing, where they were shown.

I could not have told them anyways, I was too shook.

Because Hermione wasn't the only petrified one. There were two other girls: one was a Ravenclaw who seemed to be fifth year or something.

And the other was Vanessa.

No. Not Vanessa.

I gasped at the sight and so did the boys at seeing Hermione, still as a statue.

"Hermione!" Ron said in a high-pitched voice that was nothing like his own.

"N-no, please," I whispered, while my vision became blurry with tears. "I'm so sorry! We promised!"

This is my fault, I should've protected her. I should've been there. Been there more.

Ginny and Liliana came in shortly after and they were shocked as well. But Ginny looked especially speechless.

"She was gonna meet me at the pitch!" Liliana exclaimed teary-eyed.

"I'm so sorry..." Ginny muttered under her breath, guilt leaking from her voice and my heart broke a little for my friend.

I need to find out what's going on. I have to, before more people are petrified.

-

Right now, I'm writing to Vanessa's parents, because I want them to hear this from me.

I asked Minnie to wait and let me send the letter and surprisingly enough, she agreed. She even batted her eyes because she was about to cry at the situation.

Terror has spread over all of Hogwarts once again. And this time, real action is taken: we are not allowed to roam the halls alone anymore, not even between classes.

I would normally hate this, because how are we supposed to pull our pranks that way? But right now, I can't bring myself to even get up and think of ideas, let alone actually pulling a prank.