| Year 3 | Chapter 2: The Great Escape

Ginny's POV:

"Ginny, are you alright up there?!"

"Yes mum, I'm doing just fine!" Just like I was doing fine exactly five minutes ago. I sigh in annoyance. Mum has been so overprotective that it's starting to suffocate me this summer.

I hope I can go see my friends soon. I really miss them.

I mean, it's so boring to be here with my annoying brothers all the time and my clingy mother now, too. Truly I get it, she's had a shock when she heard I was suppos- edly dead, but sometimes I kind of feel like she hasn't quite realised yet that I'm not dead.

I sit down at my desk and look at the letter I'd started writing. It was addressed to Lili, I hoped she'd get it sooner then the others. My first choice would probably be writing to Lucy, but she told me not to do that.

I didn't honestly think much of it when she told me this, but I haven't heard anything from her either. All summer. I am getting slightly worried by now, especially with the upcoming full moon.

"Whatcha doin' little sis?" I turn around, but I already know who it is: Fred and George. The only two tolerable brothers in this house (and my fellow pranksters). "Writing a letter I see!" Fred says, while taking the letter from me.

"Give that back, you idiot!" I snatch it back quickly. You never know what the twins might do with your parchment once they've got their hands on it. "I'm writing a letter to Liliana. Now stop being nosy."

"Come on now sissy," George says with a silly smile on his face. "We were just wondering. You see-"

"You've been up in this room all the time lately," Fred continues, in the way they always do that. "Now, we know you. You're like us! So this can't possibly what you want. You're bored."

"And annoyed with Mom," I add irritably. I don't mean to be whiney and I love her, but that's the truth. "But yes, also bored I guess. I miss Lili, Vanessa and Lucy a lot."

"How is our dear Potter Junior?" Fred asks, suddenly interested and serious. "Also, don't tell her we called her that," George adds with a wink.

I roll my eyes at him. He really thinks I, his sister will fall for those tricks? Damn, that's stupid of him. "I'll decide later if I will or not." I give my brothers a teasing smile and we leave my room.

It's time for a little action.

"So, who are we annoying today?" I ask the twins. "Percy, Ron maybe? Or Mom?" Fred and George turn to me abruptly at the last suggestion.

"No way! We can't prank Mom!" Fred says, pointing to himself and George, pretending to be shocked. "She would literally murder us two!" George adds, equally 'shocked'.

"But she won't do that to me," I say with a smirk. "She loves me! I'm her favourite child remember?" The twins scowl, but really can't argue with it. After all, I really am the favourite child here.

"She'll definitely blame us two though," George mutters to Fred. "And Mom will definitely believe her." I roll my eyes, because of course I won't let blame them. Or won't I? It actually sounds like a good idea, to be honest.

Ron is just leaving his room when we reach the bottom of the stairs. I exchange a look with them and we all think the same thing.

Ron is our victim.

"I'll take Scabbers while you two-"

"WHAT?!" Mom's voice screeches from the living room. "HOW COULD THEY LET THIS HAPPEN?" I momentarily forget all about our plan and rush into the living room, followed by Fred and George. I also hear Percy and Ron coming from the stairs.