Chapter 7: Saying goodbye

Lucy's POV:

We stood there for some time, looking around and trying to think of a solution.

"I'll ask an employee," Harry said, but I stopped him.

"It's obviously a secret platform, otherwise Muggles would get nosy!"

Harry sighed, but suddenly, I heard something that made me and Harry turn around.

A ginger, small, plumpy woman with a LOT of red-headed children, walked past us.

With an owl.

I caught Harry's eye and we silently agreed to follow them.

They stopped before platform 9 and 10, in front of the wall in between them.

"Well boys, come on, we have to go-"

"To platform 9 3/4!" A small ginger girl around my age finished excited for her mother.

I liked her already.

I shared a look with Harry. We just had to look what we had to do.

"Percy, you go first!" The adult woman said.

The eldest boy, with red hair and a lot of freckles, like the rest, neatly done hair and stern-looking glasses, stepped forward.

He seemed a bit nerdy.

The 'Percy' boy walked up to the wall and at once, he was gone.

"Bloody hell..." I said.

Suddenly, I figured some solution.

"You stay here, I'm going to watch from there, see if that helps." I pointed at a place that had a side view on the family.

Harry nodded and I set off, watching the family closely.

"Fred, you go now," the woman ushered another ginger boy forward with red hair, who was tall and had Chocolate brown eyes.

"He's not Fred, I am!" Anotyer one said loudly, faking to be hurt.

"Honestly woman, you call yourself our mother!" Said the one their mother had mistaken for Fred. They were copies of each other.

Twins, oh shit, I don't blame their mother for being confused.

"Sorry George, you go first."

The boy turned to wall, but turned back to his mom.

"Only kidding, I am Fred." He had a cheeky grin on his face and I couldn't help but laugh.

Fred ran to the wall, followed closely by George.

When they were about to slam into the wall, they vanished. What the hell?!

I headed back to Harry, who hadn't seen anything, due to a hord of tourists passing.

"Are you sure it wasn't a girl?" I said, joking.

Harry rolled his eyes.

"I saw it," I continue. "The other two just ran up to the wall and disappeared right when they were going to crash into it."

Harry frowned and watched the family, that had stopped walking up to the wall.

Only the woman, a boy about Harry's age and a girl about my age were left.

Before I knew it, Harry walked up to them.

"Excuse me ma'am," he said and I walked up to them too.

"Hi sweeties, what's wrong?" The woman asked kindly, easing my nerves.