Chapter 22: The big reveal

Harry's POV:

We all turned to Madam Pomfrey insync, all equally horrified.

"What is the meaning of this!"

"Er..."

"We were just-"

"Miss Potter, what are you doing here?"

I frowned and Lucy's face turned bright red. "Why are you only asking her?"

"Professor McGonnagall sent me a note on you two," Madam Pomfrey said, while still looking to Lucy.

But she didn't look angry or stern.

She looked worried and understanding.

Of course, I thought. The Full Moon was in two days.

"I am fine, thank you Pop-, Madam Pomfrey."

Ron just looked between Lucy, Madam Pomfrey and me in confusion. He must've sensed something was going on, but he of course, had no idea what.

She must have felt ill or something and that would've been why she went to the Hospital Wing.

Yes, that must be it.

"A-are you sure Lu?" I asked carefully, but Lucy only nodded.

After one lingering look towards Hermione and Vanessa's beds, she turned on her heel and left without another word.

"We should go too," I said to Ron and we left too. I was surprised Madam Pomfrey didn't call us back.

"What was that all about?" Ron asked me as soon as we had turned the corner.

"Nothing!" I pressed and we continued our way to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. Ron frowned, but said nothing more.

*~*

Lucy's POV:

This little trip to the hospital was more informative than I could've expected.

The monster is a basilisk.

It can kill people.

The entrence to the chamber of secrets has something to do with Myrtle.

I already called in ill when I said I was gonna go to the hospital wing because I felt the first Moon pain coming. I had all the time.

But what now?

Ginny and Liliana didn't know anything and maybe for now, that was for the best. Ginny already seemed so stressed today.

Pulling Luna or Marley down to this level wasn't going to do much either. Luna must have her own problems right now and Marley? I just... no. I can't do that.

Vanessa was my best friend.

Of course Ginny, Liliana and Marley were her friends too, but there'd always been a closer friendship between me and Vanessa.

This was my problem to solve. Mine and Harry's.

OK, there was only one more question: who is the heir?

The location had to be in or close to Myrtle's bathroom, all attacks were in that specific hall or closeby. Myrtle had been attacked there.

Hagrid wasn't the one I knew for sure. And Harry and Ron had figured too. Tom Riddle was wrong there. How about a year book of that year?

Or...

What if...

No. That couldn't be it. It couldn't be him.