LXXV. A NERVOUS WIFE

A NERVOUS WIFE!

SEPTEMBER 1978

• • • •

"And this is from when we went to the coliseum to see Hamlet." Holland grinned, showing Maxine pictures from the honeymoon as they sat in the living room of the manor, a few days after she had arrived home.

Maxine smiled at the photograph, "You two look really happy together."

Holland nodded, blushing, "Yeah. Yeah, we really are."

"I owe Bronwyn three galleons."

Holland looked at her friend in shock, "What?"

"She bet me three galleons that you and Reg would officially get together on the honeymoon."

"You've been talking to Bronwyn?" The younger girl asked, ignoring the fact that there was a bet placed about her.

"Yeah," The redhead nodded, biting her lip, "I, uh. I told her that I loved her."

Holland sat up in intrigue, "You did what?"

"I told her that I loved her," Maxine confirmed, "And I told her that I was happy for her and Marlene. It was a sort of closure and it really worked."

Holland smiled, grimacing slightly, "That's great."

Maxine looked at her in confusion, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," Holland nodded, "Just feeling as little sick."

"Okay."

"But it's really great that you did that."

"Actually, um, when you and Reg were on the honeymoon, I hung out with her, Marlene, Margaret and Lily a lot."

Holland looked at her friend, surprised, "You did?"

Maxine nodded with a soft smile, "They're really great people."

"Yeah, they are."

"We're having a girl's night tomorrow at Maggie's if you'd like to join us."

"Are you sure that'd be okay?"

Maxine let out a laugh, "Of course it would. They all miss you."

"Aright," Holland nodded, a wave of nausea coming over her, "I'll go."

A look of worry washed over the older girl's face, "Holly, how long have you been feeling like this?"

Holland shrugged, "A couple of days."

Maxine gave her a look.

"Yeah," Holland sighed, "I know."

***

Playing with her fingers, Holland nervously walked down the halls of St. Mungo's, looking around for a certain blonde.

"Holland?" A familiar voice asked, making the Irish girl turn around and smile at the girl in front of her.

"Hi." Holland smiled, hugging Margaret.

"What are you doing here?" The healer asked as they pulled away, "Are you alright?"

Holland gulped, "Actually, there is something," She nodded, causing her friend to look at her in worry, "I need your help. And you're the person I trust the most with something like this."

***

Holland and Regulus sat in there bed, Holland leaning against her husband's chest, reading Jane Eyre aloud to him, as the boy played with her hair.

"'It is a very strange sensation to inexperienced youth to feel itself quite alone in the world, cut adrift from every connection, uncertain whether the port to which it is bound can be reached, and prevented by many impediments from returning to that it has quitted. The charm of adventure sweetens that sensation, the glow of pride warms it; but then the throb of fear disturbs it; and fear with me became predominant when half-an-hour elapsed and still I was alone. I bethought myself to ring the bell.'"

"I honestly have no idea what's going on in this book." Regulus admitted.

Holland turned to him in disbelief, "What?"

"It's hard to listen when I could just stare at you instead." Regulus shrugged.

Holland snorted out a laugh, lightly hitting the boy on the chest, as she put the book on the bedside table, before cuddling into Regulus.

They lay in silence for a few minutes.

"Hey, Reg." Holland spoke up anxiously.

He looked down at her, "Yeah?"

"I, uh," She bit her lip nervously, "There's something that I need to tell you."