Chapter 41: Sparky ⚡

Dalton looked at her eyes and circled her waist: what are you searching for pretty lady
Helena smiled at him: my favorite horse
Dalton looked suspicious but didn't want to bring it up specially she didn't speak one word to him privately since this university thing...
Helena read his mind but was still too sad he thought she was lying, she didn't want to argue about it and just kept looking for the horse till she spotted him: here is it Dalton; isn't he a pure beauty??? Wait till he starts running
Gordon: you have a good eye Helena... Auntie Victoria, how come Nana Bentley and her mother are not here with Sparky?
Helena's heart fell as she didn't know what would Dalton say or how he'd react, but also how would Gordon know of her family??
Luckily, the horses lined up for the race and the conversion was cut off by the cheering crowd, few minutes after the horses started running, cheering was getting deafening high.
She was calling Sparky's name, Gordon too got so excited and called out for Sparky.
After the horses made all the rounds, Sparky came second and Helena was just screaming with joy!
She kissed Dalton: thanks so much for bringing me
Dalton was still puzzled but smiled and spoke coldly trying not to show any reaction to her kiss: I'm a man of my word... you must know that by now!
They watched the awards ceremony and were about to leave after the full excitement of the day.
Helena saw her horse from far and said to them: can you wait for me, there's something I need to do.
She didn't wait even while Auntie Victoria was starting to complain about the horses' smell.
Dalton was puzzled again, and more puzzled when she approached Sparky and the Jockey who dismounted immediately, kissed Helena's hand before the horse leaned his head against her... she wrapped his head and kissed him couple of times before she and the jockey spoke a little and he showed her the trophy.
Gordon was amazed and asked Dalton how come Helena knows the horse and the jockey and mostly how does the horse know her?
Dalton smiled at his cousin: not sure! She said she used to come every year... but still, I don't know.
When she came back Gordon saw her tears that she was trying to hide, she tried to cover by saying: seems I sneezed couple of times because of the smell... it was a beautiful day, thanks again Dalton.
Auntie Victoria complained and asked to leave as she couldn't stand the smell anymore.

Dalton asked her about the horse and the jockey when they were alone
Dalton: this horse knows you?
Helena: I don't know what to say... but it's part of my family's issues that we don't want to discuss... can we drop it here please?
Dalton: what kind of answer is that?
Helena: the truth Dalton... cause unlike what you think I never lied to you
Dalton: Honestly Helena, you didn't need to come up with a stupid thing saying you are university graduate... you're very well educated and a great mind without you needing to pretend anything.
Helena was about to reply when he grabbed and kissed her: enough Helena please... I hate it when we fight... I thought we are here to have fun and I have missed my wife.
Helena blushed and lost her ability to answer while he gently started taking her dress off.