Chapter 54: The Fierce Businesswoman

Helena's father spoke first thanking all the partners for their attendance and explained that as usual Helena will explain the project in hand.

Helena talked with confidence and experience about all details. She also had a blackboard brought to the room where she drew and pointed explaining the details of the shipment route from across the country and the number of stops where each of the partners will have his share and the responsibility of her father in the procurement and security of the transfer.
She went through the biggest and the smallest details while all Dalton was able to do is to follow her in disbelief that this is his wife who lived all the previous months under his roof while he was trapping her and cutting her off every time she would want to tell her anything about herself.
Only at this moment, he remembered she even told him she was Nana and he accused her of being manipulative and called her a lair.

She continued while all eyes in the room were following with concentration but also in complete admiration of this amazing lady who's so capable of covering all aspects of the business plan.
Once she finished her father spoke: I believe Nana explained in details your responsibilities along with my & her own. This time I'm joining forces with you all and I have no shame in saying I was mistaken before when I wanted to do everything on my own and got robbed... if my daughter didn't pay for your debts I would have still been in prison.

Dalton was becoming more and more aware of all the links and happenings he saw but never understood; the money she needed was for her father's debt and all he heard about Nana he somehow never accepted to believe it was hers; how didn't he think before that it was the exact same issues with her father and also with her mother.
He just always looked at Helena with different accusing eyes all that time, which prevented him to excuse her. She was so right when she told him that the way their marriage was arranged was the highest wall between them. He was so ashamed of himself, as all loose ends were being tied up clearly now.

Helena felt her father's pain: there's no need papa to speak of the past, it's all behind us now... The Gentlemen are all here today because they trust you and know what an honorable person you have always been... and as I said in my previous visits to each one of you, gentlemen, if you are not completely convinced to make business again with us... That's totally understood.
There was noises in the room that they were trusting the Bentley's and they want to join in the new project.
Helena smiled softly at her father who looked so proud, she continued: now for the finances, thank Goodness the freeze on our property is taken off and we will be ready with our share once few sales are done.
One of the gentlemen asked: Nana will you sell me Sparky?
Helena smiled teasing the handsome man: never... my baby is not for sale and you know it Jack!
He smiled softly at her when her father spoke firmly to him: don't annoy Nana please Jackson... she's been through lots already.
Jackson: sorry Uncle, you know I cannot stop myself when it comes to teasing her!
Dalton's heart was heavy at how they looked close and this Jackson looking fixedly at him since Helena insisted he sits beside her.
Helena: one final remark; we know that our partner Jimmy doesn't have the full amount in hand in time for the purchases to be done... Papa & I were thinking that we lend him the amount but then it's a big one considering we need to arrange for our own portion as well... That's why I was hoping that we all lend him the missing amount, which he will pay once his share is sold.... I mean we have all experienced the hard way, how it feels to be helpless and find no one beside you in times of need.
There was a freezing cold silence in the room when everyone looked down unable to look her in the eyes. After some time Jackson rose his hand: I'm in with you & Uncle to lend Jimmy the money... Who else, Gentlemen??
Little by little almost every single person rose his hand and Helena's face beamed with happiness: Perfect. Congratulations dear Jimmy, you are officially a partner, Mr Jeffrey the lawyer will be drafting the agreements and we will call for another meeting a week from today for payment and signatures to be done... Congratulations everyone! It's a real pleasure gentlemen to do business with you all.

Dalton was frozen still at this amazing businesswoman whose power, experience and confidence were as amazing as the sweetness, kindness and courage he's seen in the woman who lived under his roof all these previous months... He smiled softly thinking he thought he loved her then; he feels he loved her now ten times more... She was his match... His equal... How did he doubt her?

The gentlemen stood and shock hands with her father, kissing her hand in respect as they started leaving. Her father took the lawyer to another room.