Chapter 48: Lawyer Johnson

Helena burst out of the drawing room to the study where Dalton came out on her screaming in disbelief as she never raised her voice or lost control as she did today.

Helena looked furious but this time there was not a single tear in her eyes... there was only so much power: are you still holding on to this game Dalton?? Are you still making sure you break my spirits to pieces every single time?? Give me a reason... why Dalton, why you still want to humiliate me??
Dalton looked so shocked, she has never been in such a state... he feared for her, she's just had an attack and he didn't want her to have another.
Dalton looked firmly to them: can you please step into the study & Helena please calm down... you're not well since morning
Helena thought he was going to back up his lawyer: you are not to tell me what to do and you have no right to try to control me... we had an agreement and you have not honored it.
Dalton started looking angrily when he took her arm softly and guided her into the study: please Helena.

When they went inside, Dalton sat on his desk and spoke to the lawyer: why is Helena that angry, what could possibly be the reason? I don't understand
Mr Johnson: she wants more money
Dalton thought of it: how much more you need?
Helena's jaw dropped of anger: this is my money, I need all of it?
Dalton was trying to understand: what do you mean?
Mr Johnson tried to explain: she still has a pending amount
Dalton: I never understood why you needed to keep your money with Mr Johnson?
Helena burst at him: enough with this game you two are playing at me... just give me my money now... this payment needs to be paid tomorrow or an innocent person will be paying for your deceit!
Dalton was getting so impatient to understand what she's saying: Mr Johnson can you please explain what's happening?
Mr Johnson: well, of course in order to protect you, payments were being done on installments so she didn't take the money and escape!
Helena looked with huge blame and disappointment at Dalton: is that what you had in mind? To keep me by holding my money??
Dalton looked angry as he spoke to the lawyer: what did you exactly do thinking that I needed you to protect me??
Helena: enough games for God's sake... both of you... Dalton, please get him to get me the money... please... I will never annoy you again... please... I'm running out of time... I need to travel tomorrow with the first light.
Dalton stood and hugged her: give me five minutes Helena... I need to understand.
He then whispered in her ears: trust me please, will you?
She sat on the chair as he walked and gave her water

Dalton looked so angry at the lawyer: did I ask you to protect me Mr Johnson? When you said you will take measurements you referred to the contract, right?
Mr Johnson: the contract was only a part... paying the money on installments was the other, she already got twenty-seven pounds
Dalton was so shocked: Jesus Christ!!! Out of the three hundred fifty???
Mr Johnson looked so proud of himself: I explained to her that she was spending a lot, but she took four pounds every month she went to see her family and the last month she took seven.
Dalton put his palm on his forehead in disbelief but kept his cold voice: very well, you get her the rest of the full amount immediately now.
Johnson: the full amount? I don't think you mean... plus even if I wanted to, I cannot get it before tomorrow night, the money is in the safe of my office in Town
Helena was terrified: no... No please... I cannot afford the time.
Dalton was still so cold when he took her hand and spoke to the lawyer: I'm afraid that's not my or her concern; money comes tonight or I will personally make sure you pay for this unforgivable behavior!
Johnson: but Mr Dalton, I was saving you from her – like Suzan, she's only another gold digger!
Dalton snapped: how dare you? Apologize to my wife immediately not only for now, but for every time you dared to annoy her... how dare you?? And on top of that, you made her think I knew and asked for this??

Mr Johnson apologized coldly to Helena who couldn't even look at him... she was only looking at Dalton with begging eyes.
When they were alone Maria knocked bringing coffee, although they didn't ask for it, it was the first time the whole palace feel so sorry for Helena. Even that they didn't quite understand what was happening, but they all thought this lawyer was bad news.

Helena was so stressed out she didn't want to eat or drink anything... Dalton placed the coffee in front of her: drink this. I will be right back.

Helena caught his hand: Dalton... he will never be able to return on time... he will have to go and return back to back, otherwise he won't be here on time.
Dalton looked at her eyes removing the tears away with his thumbs: why didn't you say anything about it?? Even if he made you think I knew?
Helena looked sad: everything... all of that was part of the tragedies we agreed we won't speak about.
Dalton felt guilty as he kissed her head softly and left the study while Helena stood by the window praying and trying to control herself.